Eager to Book Tours

judy&steve

We are 113 days out from our November 30th cruise on the Navigator and not able to book tours on-line. I get a message saying tours for this destination are not yet available to book. Does anyone know when tours are available for on-line booking? The web sight says 120 days in advance of cruise.:confused:

Thanks;

Steve

We are 113 days out from our November 30th cruise on the Navigator and not able to book tours on-line. I get a message saying tours for this destination are not yet available to book. Does anyone know when tours are available for on-line booking? The web sight says 120 days in advance of cruise.:confused:

Thanks;

Steve

I am assuming that you registered online at Regent and have brought up your reservation. Most of us are able to book excursions at 120 days out and reservations at 30 days. Suggest you call Regent (or, better yet, your Travel Agent) to find out what the problem is. Hope it is corrected soon.

I am looking for them too - same ship, same dates - Looks like we are ship-mates. I think we still have more than 3 months to go - but I can easily be wrong.

Yeh but 120 days is about 4 months. You're well within range now, and should call Regent and see what's going on. At least that's what I would do.

We are on the 12/11/09 sailing of the Navigator (same itinerary as 11/23/09) and have been checking every day (morning and evening) to see if they might open early (not "due" until 8/12). Obviously no luck since the excursions for earlier cruises are not yet available. If anyone does get information from Regent or their TA we would be interested to hear any details.

Just called Regent and was told the excursions for the Caribbean are still being worked on and should be available late next week but they could not give me a date. So keep trying they will open up soon.

steve

Just called Regent and was told the excursions for the Caribbean are still being worked on and should be available late next week but they could not give me a date. So keep trying they will open up soon.

steve

We'll try to be patient, but it won't be easy. We are so ready to go NOW!

Thanks;

Steve

I just called RSSC to find out why my TA is asking for final payment on our 11/30/09 Navigator cruise (cannot wait!), but RSSC won't/can't get our shore excursions loaded onto their website. I told RSSC that I will not be issuing final payment to them, until they deliver on their promise of complimentary shore excursions. Until they are loaded onto the website, I am uncomfortable giving them almost $9000! The C/S rep told me that we are probably looking at another 1 or 2 weeks before excursions are loaded onto the website and available for our selection. Not a great way for RSSC to impress their new clientele. I am hopeful that the cruise will be much more "Regent Like" than the booking experience has been.

I just called RSSC to find out why my TA is asking for final payment on our 11/30/09 Navigator cruise (cannot wait!), but RSSC won't/can't get our shore excursions loaded onto their website. I told RSSC that I will not be issuing final payment to them, until they deliver on their promise of complimentary shore excursions. Until they are loaded onto the website, I am uncomfortable giving them almost $9000! The C/S rep told me that we are probably looking at another 1 or 2 weeks before excursions are loaded onto the website and available for our selection. Not a great way for RSSC to impress their new clientele. I am hopeful that the cruise will be much more "Regent Like" than the booking experience has been.

They had originally told us 120 days out for our 11/18 syd-akl Mariner cruise and we checked periodically and then in the middle of June it apparently opened up and the more popular ones were booked in a day-and we lost out on 2. So I would stay on them and check everyday because if you miss the 1st day you may be locked out.

They had originally told us 120 days out for our 11/18 syd-akl Mariner cruise and we checked periodically and then in the middle of June it apparently opened up and the more popular ones were booked in a day-and we lost out on 2. So I would stay on them and check everyday because if you miss the 1st day you may be locked out.

That is exactly the reason I will not be turning loose of my $9000 until I ensure that I can get the excursions. Honestly, how challenging can it be to get snorkel/catamaran/etc. tours set up in the Carib? It's not like Regent hasn't been sailing there for years before, and providing shore excursions. If they don't come thru w/ the excursions soon, I am going to rebook with SeaDream!

That is exactly the reason I will not be turning loose of my $9000 until I ensure that I can get the excursions. Honestly, how challenging can it be to get snorkel/catamaran/etc. tours set up in the Carib? It's not like Regent hasn't been sailing there for years before, and providing shore excursions. If they don't come thru w/ the excursions soon, I am going to rebook with SeaDream!

There will never be a guarantee that you can get the excursions you want. Many of us had to board a Regent ship in 2009 without excursion reservations or dining reservations. This was just part of the computer difficulties they have had. Also, as I stated previously, Regent is testing "free excursions" in 2009. . . passengers are not paying extra for them as we are in 2010. In fact, our cruise next month does not include excursions. That did not change our minds about our cruise.

My concern for you is that you could lose your reservation if you do not pay by the deadline IF you are on a sold-out cruise. Part of the computer problems has been overbooking cruises. If this glitch in the system is really upsetting to you, perhaps SeaDream would be a better choice. I hear they do a great job!

same cruise without tours. However, for my two cents, I would not book Seadream. Did you say Caribbean? There must be a lot more cruise lines that are better than Seadream unless you don't mind about balconies and you like a small ship. Think it over carefully and read all the boards. I would think this one out before I went. We just went on the PG and I was very upset as if I booked tours in advance, I had to pay in advance and I wanted to use my shipboard credits. Bottom line is that I waited until I got on and I got what I wanted anyway. Get opinions on this board before changing. You will be paying for excursions on the other ships anyway. BTW, I am booking another Regent cruise, but I AM NOT USING THE FREE EXCURSIONS. My mommy taught me that nothing good in life is free! There is always a bottom line.

Here's my take on the Caribbean situation: there are so many private operators in these ports, offering such a range of excursions, that Regent is being picky, and is also probably negotiating carefully with lots of small vendors.

I would not worry either, I'm sure there will be plenty for everybody when the time comes.

Just pull a list of Navigator cruises. The Nov/Dec cruises mentioned are still gone, but now there are some very strange things going on with cruises not matching route maps and, in one instance, a missing day or 2.

Entertaining snafu or something darker?

Just called Regent and yes it is true the cruise for Nov 30th is canceled and can be moved to January. The dry docking scheduled for January in South Carolina has been moved to November December in Germany because the SC dry dock cannot accommodate Regent.

We switched over to the Jan 13 cruise, sorry to miss St Thomas and we can do without Tortola and Antigua, not our two favorite ports. This is a better time of the year to cruise and Regent will give an extra ship board credit and work with us on our non-refundable airfares.

To be honest we are glad about sailing on a ship just out of dry dock and not just going into dry dock. We did a crossing repositioning cruise on Celebrity’s Summit on her way to a month long dry dock last year and to be honest we have never been on a more filthy ship. We were confined to our cabin with norovirus symptoms for four days. We both missed the first port, Judy missed the second port we both missed the third port and I missed the forth port. Even the drinking glasses were dirty. We were offered $160 each off a future cruise. “Pa lease!” This was the second time we sailed Celebrity and both times we were not impressed.

We have really high expectations for Regent and cannot wait for this cruise. Our favorite ship experience is Queen Mary 2 grills, we have sailed her twice and looking forward to another cruise next November.

steve

We switched over to the Jan 13 cruise, sorry to miss St Thomas and we can do without Tortola and Antigua, not our two favorite ports. This is a better time of the year to cruise and Regent will give an extra ship board credit and work with us on our non-refundable airfares.

To be honest we are glad about sailing on a ship just out of dry dock and not just going into dry dock. We did a crossing repositioning cruise on Celebrity’s Summit on her way to a month long dry dock last year and to be honest we have never been on a more filthy ship. We were confined to our cabin with norovirus symptoms for four days. We both missed the first port, Judy missed the second port we both missed the third port and I missed the forth port. Even the drinking glasses were dirty. We were offered $160 each off a future cruise. “Pa lease!” This was the second time we sailed Celebrity and both times we were not impressed.

We have really high expectations for Regent and cannot wait for this cruise. Our favorite ship experience is Queen Mary 2 grills, we have sailed her twice and looking forward to another cruise next November.

steve

I am glad a substitute cruise worked out. Due to work requirements, we were "locked" into that mid-December time frame.

I hope you have a great cruise.

Archived