Why is Nov 15th on Emerald So Popular?

lushou

For a while, I've been checking out the cruises in November 2009. I am trying to figure out why the 15th of November is much higher in $ than the other November sailings on the same ship w/same itinerary.

Thanks!

For a while, I've been checking out the cruises in November 2009. I am trying to figure out why the 15th of November is much higher in $ than the other November sailings on the same ship w/same itinerary.

Thanks!

Probably as the week prior to the Thanksgiving holiday the prices are usually very low. Supply and demand. If the prices were low to begin with, the ship probably booked up. As there are fewer stateroms available, the prices seem to rise. OR, kids out of school early for Thanksgiving break maybe?

Kids wouldn't be out of school until the 23rd though. Most kids don't get the entire week before Thanksgiving....they get the week of Thanksgiving or just Thanksgiving most likely.

Then the only other guess would be as said, supply and demand. If they were offering a really low price for the week before thanksgiving (not sure the length of the cruises you are actually looking at or if they end before thanksgiving), if the ship booked up quickly, the remaining prices would skyrocket. Any cruise, if selling well, will usually climb in price as it begins to sell out. Those that aren't selling well will drop in price to fill the ship.

It's popular because I am on that cruise;)!!!

My guess is it is as Toto2Kansas says -- supply and demand. I booked this cruise back in June 2008 because the price was very reasonable. I was able to book an AE minisuite for $1000 CAD/person. I have watched on & off and have seen the price increase or go to waitlist, at least for some of the minisuite categories.

My first Princess cruise was back in November 2007 on the CB and it was the week before Thanksgiving also. Again I got an AE minisuite for around $1000.

It definitely seems to one of the times where they have a hard time selling so it is well priced in the beginning to drive some demand towards it.

Then the only other guess would be as said, supply and demand. If they were offering a really low price for the week before thanksgiving (not sure the length of the cruises you are actually looking at or if they end before thanksgiving), if the ship booked up quickly, the remaining prices would skyrocket. Any cruise, if selling well, will usually climb in price as it begins to sell out. Those that aren't selling well will drop in price to fill the ship.

We've been watching this cruise for months now and the OP is right, it has remained much higher in price than all the others. We could go another week so we figured to wait until after final payment and then see what happens with the pricing. Then we'll book something concrete if the price is right.

what is a "bears" cruise?

I'm booked on Nov 15th. Had originally booked the 29th but found out it was the week before the Emerald goes into drydock and read some posts that didn't paint a pretty picture of cruising the sailing right before drydock so we changed to the 15th.

My husband looks like a bear. He gets along very well with them, but I think he'll be clinging to me all week!

I just looked at pricing, and it is not much different than other weeks, in fact some categories on the 15th are lower in price than other weeks. But it is the most expensive Princess ship in the Caribbean in November.

My husband looks like a bear. He gets along very well with them, but I think he'll be clinging to me all week!

Gosh I hope so, we had the group on our Emerald 07 cruise and there were thongs in places and on people they shouldn't be. :eek:

Just make sure he's not hiding one in the suitcase when you pack and you'll be OK. :D

Thanks!

I am on the November 8 sailing and it hasn't dropped at all. The 1st and the 15th have though and are priced the same. So from what I can see the 15th is one of the lowest....

I can't mention the site here though.

Gosh I hope so, we had the group on our Emerald 07 cruise and there were thongs in places and on people they shouldn't be. :eek:

Just make sure he's not hiding one in the suitcase when you pack and you'll be OK. :D

That's why I do the packing!!!

Archived