bora bora tours and transport

loveopera

I hope these have not been answered over and over:

Are there tour operators waiting on the dock in BoraBora as they do in the Carribbean?

Has anyone biked around the island? or rented a motor scooter? Is it safe? or are you in danger of being run down?

Will the Star Princess tender into town or dock?

Has anyone taken the ferry to the airport and back (just for the ride) or do you need a confirmed air reservation?

thank you for any answers you may have

pat

Are there tour operators waiting on the dock in BoraBora as they do in the Carribbean?

Has anyone biked around the island? or rented a motor scooter? Is it safe? or are you in danger of being run down?

Has anyone taken the ferry to the airport and back (just for the ride) or do you need a confirmed air reservation?

pat

Ships do not dock in Bora Bora, not even the smaller ships such as the Pacific or Tahitian Princess. Bora Bora is always a tender port.

In our many visits there, Bora Bora seemed to be one of the only islands where you could secure a tour right on the dock. Nothing like in the Caribbean with dozens of tour operators standing there waiting. BUT there have been some for water/snorkeling tours, and island drives by taxi, you have to be early and get there on one of the first tenders before they are all booked up though.

It's always best if you want something specific to make arrangements before you arrive with a private tour operator to avoid disappointment.

I have never heard of the Ferry to the airport, but I would really doubt that there would be no charge for this, even if flying out. Very little is complimentary in Tahiti.

• 2 weeks later...
Ships do not dock in Bora Bora, not even the smaller ships such as the Pacific or Tahitian Princess. Bora Bora is always a tender port.

In our many visits there, Bora Bora seemed to be one of the only islands where you could secure a tour right on the dock. Nothing like in the Caribbean with dozens of tour operators standing there waiting. BUT there have been some for water/snorkeling tours, and island drives by taxi, you have to be early and get there on one of the first tenders before they are all booked up though.

It's always best if you want something specific to make arrangements before you arrive with a private tour operator to avoid disappointment.

I have never heard of the Ferry to the airport, but I would really doubt that there would be no charge for this, even if flying out. Very little is complimentary in Tahiti.

Last time I was in Bora Bora I picked up a van for a tour at the dock, there were several and, naturally, much less expensive than the ship excursion. The only catch---the guide only spoke French. Fortunately, I am sufficiently fluent to take a tour, I also acted as the interpreter for two other passenger who came along.

Last time I was in Bora Bora I picked up a van for a tour at the dock, there were several and, naturally, much less expensive than the ship excursion. The only catch---the guide only spoke French. Fortunately, I am sufficiently fluent to take a tour, I also acted as the interpreter for two other passenger who came along.

When you fly into the Bora Bora airport--there are several boats to meet you from the various hotels--but--they have your name and hotel--its not just a ride for sightseeing--I've never seen a ferry--there is a farry to Moorea--maybe that is it.

Nancy:D

pat

You can rent a bike and it is safe to ride around the island.

Keith

Archived