Cruise Ship Overlap

gargoyle999

So I'm doing some daydreaming about going on a cruise next Nov. I noticed that both the Glory and Valor have the exact same itinerary, both leaving from Miami on the exact same day.

I thought that was a bit unusual. Think there is just so much demand they need to have two ships doing the exact same thing at the exact same time?

Hmmmmmm....very interesting. Perhaps demand in the summer vacation season would justify 2 ships from the same port with the same itinerary. Bur that seems really odd....especially in November :cool:.

Makes me wonder if there is a plan to move one to another port :confused:.

Also interesting is that the times are all the same along the itinerary except for Isla Roatan. Valor is Noon-7PM and Glory is 11AM-6PM.

And the map diagramming the itinerary shows the Glory as going Miami, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel, Miami.

So the picture doesn't match the itinerary listed of Miami, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Miami.

Valor diagram matches however.

Is there a way to report website errors like that to Carnival?

Looking at the Nov 7th Itinerary for both ships, the Valor is doing West Caribbean and the Glory is doing East.

Looks like they flip each week through the winter then the Glory is heading to New York for the summer.

I'm looking at Nov 28th 2010. It's also the same on Nov 14th.

Wow, two cruises planned and already looking for more...bored on a Thursday night?

I prefer to think of it as keeping an open mind about the possibilities! :p

Plus...I like to plan way ahead. Booked my upcoming April cruise back in March 2008. And we are taking a 2 week land vacation to England and France in Sept 2011 (DW doesn't share my cruise addiction so I agreed to no cruises in 2011 :() and have it planned out already! Just need to have the ability to book open up....oh in about 15-16 months.. :D

Now...back to looking at excursions for Nov 2010.. :p:):D

I just booked two rooms on the Valor for April 10, 2011 and noticed the same thing. I did find it a little odd that two ships would be leaving the same port with the same schedule. I always fantasize that maybe we will be the only ship in port...no chance here as of now! I would be pleased if by some stroke of luck, the Valor would get Costa Maya instead of Roatan. I also enjoy sea days.

I have been consistently booking nearly two years in advance and find the prices are always better in the long run. The possibility of port change or itinerary change is not really an issue for us, since we live in Florida. I guess that is a chance I have agreed to take.

I, too, was looking at both ships for a Jan 2011 cruise. They both do the same itinerary, but I think in a little different order. You know what else is odd?? Both of these ships are in the Conquest class but neither of their 9A wraps hold 3 people, none!!! Even confirmed it with my PVP. He said no space for a roll away either. That sucks!!! :( We are doing Liberty in 2010, I don't want to get on the same ship the next yr and we've been to Ocho Rios, weren't impressed. Would like to see Belize and Roatan instead. Guess I'll just wait it out, see what new stuff comes up, or out.

There may be a change up of ports as Carnival is negotiating with Aruba and Curacao for a return in 2010/2011. Things are still being hashed out. Just no mention of what ships will be calling. A news report in Curacao stated that it will be 16 dockings.

Dave

Archived