private tour of Florence

bobbisailsolo

looking for a private tour of Florence from Livorno. I would like it to include a visit to the Academy and the Uffizi. Any suggestions or experience with a good tour company? ...you can email me at bd48128@gmail.com if you prefer.

Thanks.

I sent you an email... hopefully you get it. Florence is incredible! And the David at the Accademia is incredible!

Once again, a reminder that Cruise Critic is as popular and helpful as it is only because its members share information ON THE BOARDS, not offline. Please help everyone by sharing your experience here in this forum.

Thanks, and happy cruising!

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

• 2 weeks later...

We just came back from our Mediterranean Cruise and for our private tour in Florence we booked through http://www.shoreexcursionsinitaly.com and we had a wonderful experience with them.

Our driver Roberto picked us up at Livorno Port with a brand new Mercedes Minivan and drove us to Florence passing through Tuscan Countryside where we stopped for a wine testing.

Once in Florence he took us to Michelangelo Square where we could take wonderful pictures overlooking the city. We visited all the most important places and he gave us a good explanation of everything.

All of this, in addition to a real italian gelato (ice cream) and a typical lunch in a local restaurant called "I Latini" (Salame and ham hanging down the ceiling).

On the way back we had the chance to stop at Pisa for a picture to the Leaning Tower.

What an experience!!

we just got back and used romeinlimo-- elizabeth was our guide-- in all our years of traveling, she was the best--picked us up early-- ws bright and cheerful, and basicaly said, this is my country i love it, and want you to love it also--we did pisa and flroenece-- i had reserched it a little, and knew we wanted to go to the synagague in florence, as well as the science academy ()wonderful for those interested in science-- centureis old scientific appauratus--- my husabnd and sons were inthralled)--we learnt so much history, geography, etc from he===rome in limobasically helped me cusomize my tour befoehand

in flrance, she took us to to synagauge, and thenshe drove us around for a n overview,took us to the acaemy to see the "David" wghich they had arranged tickets for-- and then we had two hours to walk around ourselves (the guides can't go into building with you) she then took us to a magnificnet overlook to finish the trip *(soething i hadn;t found in the guide books)

we were quite pleased

enjoy-- make sure you eat in lttle local resutants-- thats half the fun

you will love florence--

Hi::::here I'M -

Yes...it is true.... Last July my family and I went to Florence for a sightseeing tour of Florence and Lucca from Livorno dock.

We were supposed to have a private tour with

a Limousine company.....but they were fully booked and under emergency circumstances we had chance to know http://www.shoreexcursionsinitaly.com that was very professional in giving us en excellent guided private tour in Florence and Lucca :

In Florence we visited the most important sites including the " Accademia " avoiding line .

In Lucca the english speaking driver guide took us to walk on the city walls and to the best shopping area where local people go.

It was an excellent experience.

Bye Gunther from Frankfurt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just came back from our Mediterranean Cruise and for our private tour in Florence we booked through www.shoreexcursionsinitaly.com and we had a wonderful experience with them.

Our driver Roberto picked us up at Livorno Port with a brand new Mercedes Minivan and drove us to Florence passing through Tuscan Countryside where we stopped for a wine testing.

Once in Florence he took us to Michelangelo Square where we could take wonderful pictures overlooking the city. We visited all the most important places and he gave us a good explanation of everything.

All of this, in addition to a real italian gelato (ice cream) and a typical lunch in a local restaurant called "I Latini" (Salame and ham hanging down the ceiling).

On the way back we had the chance to stop at Pisa for a picture to the Leaning Tower.

What an experience!!

looking for a private tour of Florence from Livorno. I would like it to include a visit to the Academy and the Uffizi. Any suggestions or experience with a good tour company? ...you can email me at bd48128@gmail.com if you prefer.

Thanks.

Forgot to tell you.... Hoping your cruise to Florence is not on Monday when both museums will be closed..

Archived