Another Early Saver question

topspin1267

We booked 2 cabins (a triple and a standard) category 8C many months ago. We now want to add another person as my college age daughter can go. The only way to get 2 side by side balconies is if we go to a higher category for both rooms. We are willing to do this but aren't sure of the Early Saver ramificiations of going to a more expensive cabin.

We need to do this ASAP as there are only a few side by sides still showing, but our travel agent is on a cruise until the 24th and since we used a TA CCL can't talk to us. Any ideas?:eek:

It is certainly something you can do. You will however be responsible for paying whatever the current rate is for the cabin you booked. For our Dream sailing in December I went from booking IS cabins to booking the cove balconies. So glad I switched them too when I did because the price is outrageous now.

We booked 2 cabins (a triple and a standard) category 8C many months ago. We now want to add another person as my college age daughter can go. The only way to get 2 side by side balconies is if we go to a higher category for both rooms. We are willing to do this but aren't sure of the Early Saver ramificiations of going to a more expensive cabin.

We need to do this ASAP as there are only a few side by sides still showing, but our travel agent is on a cruise until the 24th and since we used a TA CCL can't talk to us. Any ideas?:eek:

you can upgrade with early saver for no fees, if you downgrade however the $5o per person will be asessed

you can upgrade with early saver for no fees, if you downgrade however the $5o per person will be asessed

MY understanding is that there is no downgrading. The $50.00 fee is if you need to cancel your cruise. You lose $50.00 per person. You have one year to use the balance and the balance cannot be used for a new deposit.

Can't some other TA at the agency help you? If not, drop this outfit.

Carnival won't touch a TA's booking...it's an agreement between the agency and the cruise company..... Surely there is more than one agent at the agency....unless you are using a sales rep instead.

In any case, next time book direct would be my advice.

gotta love these travel agents who go away and leave their clients hanging with no backup.

I book with a TA and she checks her email while on the cruise and takes care of anything I need. She also has somebody else in the office and also has a fellow TA help her out while on vacation depending on where is going.

Bill

Archived