Tampa Parking @ Port

hopelea

We are driving down. We are leaving our car at the port. This will be our first time leaving out of Tampa. How much is parking? I heard there is Valet parking. Is it worth the extra, how much is the extra? When we get back to port, we VIP self assist so we can get going early. (11 hour drive). So, when it comes to parking, we need the fastest and easiest thing to do!

Thanks!

PARKING:

Cruise parking is $14 per day per space - No reservations are needed.

Parking for Cruise Terminal 2 & 3 is located at the Tampa Port Authority Channelside garage directly across the street at 810 Channelside Dr.

Parking for Cruise Terminal 6 is directly at the terminal.

Valet parking is available at terminals 2 & 3 for an additional charge. (Rates are posted at terminals)

Special parking needs can be assisted by calling the Tampa Port Authority Cruise Parking Operations at (813) 905-5072

http://tpa.thinkcreative.com/Business-Opportunities/Cruise

I believe the valet parking is an additional $4 or $5 per day. IMO, unless you have mobility issues it is not worth the additional cost. The parking lot is literally right across the road, no more than a couple of minutes walk. At the end of the cruie, it would likely not save you more than a few minutes to valet.

In either case, your pre-cruise routine is virtually the same. Drive through the luggage drop area (both valet and self-park use the same drive-thru; one lane is reserved for valet & is clearly marked as such). Drop your luggage with the porter (make sure your luggage tags are on the suitcases, with your name & room info completed if they are not pre-printed). If you valet, hand over your keys, get your claim ticket, get in line to go into the terminal. If you self-park, the rest of you party gets in line, you go park the car. Just follow the signs, it's clearly marked. Pre-pay for the parking when you go into the garage (they take $, credit card, and I think travelers checks). Park your car, note where you parked it, go down the elevator & walk back to the terminal.

It's fast, convenient, and easy - both at the beginning and end of the trip. The port & parking setup is very well designed for convenience.

Thanks!! You make is sound so simple. I really hate going not knowing where I am going. I think you have made it easier for me.

I don't think we will use the Valet parking. DH will drop us off with the luggage, park the car and come running! :)

Now I just need November to get here!

Archived