Balcony snob in an inside cabin?

gargoyle999

I am considering doing a sort of back to back in Nov 2010. A 4 day on the Imagination followed by an 8 day on the Miracle.

As the Imagination doesn't have non-suite balcony cabins I am thinking I would book a 4A in order to save money and just experience it. I've had a balcony on each of my cruises so far.

I'm a "balcony snob" :D and being on the balcony is my favorite part of a cruise. Have any other balcony lovers booked an inside cabin and survived? :)

I could not do it and be happy, I know that much :-). I LOVE THE CAT 12 Suites on the Fantasy Class ships and think they really are a good value for the money. I just had a Suite on the Imagination 8 weeks ago for the 4 nighter and we lived on that nice Balcony. Good luck on whatever you decide.

I've had balcony rooms and inside rooms. It really doesn't matter. I can see where someone from a square state, who was not used to seeing waves, might get something out of a balcony cabin....(ooh...there's another wave....and another one....whoohooo).

But you have to take the good with the bad with a balcony...nice views...but the chance of having a smoker next door, or loud people (or both).

99% of the time I book a balcony. I booked an inside cabin for the Freedom that leaves this coming Sunday. I did this because I had already vacationed 3 times already this year and wanted to save some money. I also know I would be enjoying an Aft Wrap on the Splendor in September. I can survive if it means more cruises!

What? Not have at least an aft balcony? Oh, my God!:eek:

Tell me about it. I "downgraded" when I booked our cruise in Nov and only have an 8H midship. :( But the $300 extra for the 8I just wasn't worth it since we will have an aft wrap to Hawaii in April to look forward to. :)

We like the inside cabins. You can sleep really late and it stays nice and dark all the time.

Uh Oh...DW will hate that! For me it will be awesome! :D I used to work nights so we have blackout blinds. We do not agree on whether they should be opened or closed when we go to bed. :)

I am considering doing a sort of back to back in Nov 2010. A 4 day on the Imagination followed by an 8 day on the Miracle.

As the Imagination doesn't have non-suite balcony cabins I am thinking I would book a 4A in order to save money and just experience it. I've had a balcony on each of my cruises so far.

I'm a "balcony snob" :D and being on the balcony is my favorite part of a cruise. Have any other balcony lovers booked an inside cabin and survived? :)

What category did you book for the Miracle? If you have a balcony on the Miracle and that is the last part of your sort of b2b, then you can probably survive the first 4 days in an inside.

What category did you book for the Miracle? If you have a balcony on the Miracle and that is the last part of your sort of b2b, then you can probably survive the first 4 days in an inside.

It will be either an 8I or Cat 11 aft wrap. :)

Only on the 2 day cruises we have done. Anything longer than 2 nights I want a balcony. Not only does the room seem tiny after having a balcony, it drives me nuts not to be able to look outside and see what the weather is doing. I am one of those people who can watch the sea for hours, though - I am mesmerized by the waves, the clouds, the flying fish, the other ships off in the distance, etc. I really like to feel connected to the sea and nature so an inside just doesn't do it for me.

:D You'll be fine!

We've had everything from inside to very nice suites! Just try to think of each cruise as a different experience.

Once we had an extra nice full suite (per fairy) on one cruise and the next year had a inside cabin. :eek: Crazy ... but it really did not bother us.

Normally, we book a balcony ... but it's actually even fun to try a variety of cabins. It's not like you can't go back to what you like best the next time you cruise! :cool:

I"ve considered an inside on short cruises, but I can be a bit claustrophobic at times and need at least a window to look out of, so I don't think I can book an inside cabin and be comfortable.

I"m fine with OV, but for a longer cruise I will cough up the extra $$$ for a balcony cabin.

Love having my coffee and croissant on my balcony in the AM watching the sun come up...ahhhh.

Worth every penny, IMO :D

We just did an inside on the Mariner of the Seas, 7 day because it was such a deal.

But what we saved in cabin we spent on the bar tab!

On the days it was too cold out on deck, I would normally grab a robe and a blanket and wrap up on the balcony and read. Instead, I went to a bar and read.:eek:

Now I'll have to go back and read that same book again.:D

99% of the time I book a balcony. I booked an inside cabin for the Freedom that leaves this coming Sunday. I did this because I had already vacationed 3 times already this year and wanted to save some money. I also know I would be enjoying an Aft Wrap on the Splendor in September. I can survive if it means more cruises!

you sound like me exactly. 3rd cruise in 13 months, this time I'm booked for 8/23 conquest inside cabin, 10th deck. Wish me luck. :)

I think it depends on a lot of factors. I enjoy the balcony cabins and really enjoyed my aft balcony. However, I was fine in an OV cabin for my two Fascination cruises. I didn't want to spend that much more money for a suite in order to have a balcony. Honestly, I missed the couch in the cabin more then anything. I leave next week on a solo cruise and have a 1A interior. That should be interesting, but it doesn't bother me. My next 5 cruises are all aft wraps with the exception of my Oasis of the Seas cruise (where a normal balcony cabin is costing me a little more then my cat 11 aft wrap suite on the Spirit). Whatever I can afford and feel the need for at the time is what I will book.

I can't see the advantage of an "ocean view" ....a little window, often covered in salt..lets the light in ...for more money

I guess a balcony is nice if you like to sit around. I don't. I am also single so traveling with a girlfriend we are not sitting around romantically, who needs it.

Not to mention that I would flip if balcony neighbors smoked and I would not be able to enjoy it. I think some people just book them so they can use it as a traveling ashtray. I would hate to be next to them!

Balconies are fine if you like them but I really don't get the extreme devotion to them. Maybe because I live in Florida and can go outside on my screened porch and look at palm trees or drive right down to a beautiful beach??

I use the cabin to shower, change clothes, sleep ...and I actually like the dark inside cabins , they are cozy and just order room service as a back up wake up call. I sleep like a baby <grin> Maybe a few Miami Vice's help too haha

(not to mention...I have been on balconies and I feel nervous up there....worry that I will get stuck out there or something. They are not for everyone, and thanks to the money I save I am very happy that I actually LIKE inside cabins)

Archived