Good results with going with an Oustide "guarantee" booking?

ramby

Not necessarily the worst, but you should be prepared that it could be the worst in the category. The reason they are usually less expensive is it gives RCCL the flexibility to put you where they need to based on what is selling.

Good Luck!

Hi I have just booked a guarantee balcony for 10th Oct in Indy, we have been allocated D2, which is nice but it is much further forward than we would have picked!! especailly for the Bay of Biscay. But no complaints.

Jean

I have done a balcony guarantee, OV guarantee and inside guarantee and never received the worst room, nor even a room in the worst category. I am a big fan of the guarantee because the price usually allows us to cruise and we aren't really that picky when it comes to cabins. But we have always been pleasantly surprised with the assignment we received.

We frequently have booked guaranteed cabins with good results. However, when you get a lemon you really suffer. Once we were under the Promenade and heard runners thumping along every morning starting around 5:30. (They didn't read the no jogging signs posted.) We had a horrible cabin (on another line) that was over the theater. Our cabin vibrated with sound from 5:30 until 11:30 pm. It made for a miserable experience. No more guaranteed cabins for us!

Archived