Will there be lots of kids on this cruise?

gargoyle999

8 day cruise on the Miracle that leaves on the Friday before Thanksgiving next year.

I'm hoping that since it is an 8 day cruise and leaves Friday before Thanksgiving there won't be that many more kids than a normal "when school is in session" cruise.

What do you think?

8 day cruise on the Miracle that leaves on the Friday before Thanksgiving next year.

I'm hoping that since it is an 8 day cruise and leaves Friday before Thanksgiving there won't be that many more kids than a normal "when school is in session" cruise.

What do you think?

My "guess" would be more than normal since a holiday falls while you are still cruising. I know we plan trips for when a holiday or a school closing will be.

There will be over 500+ kids on that cruise, they are not in school, so....

Use the stairs because the kids will be playing with all the elevators, plan on kids running up and down the halls and probably screaming, they will be running around the pool and splashing people and so on and so on.

My advice, book in January.

Ugh...

Might have to reconsider then. But the timing works perfect with a 4 day cruise on the Imagination before the Miracle. Hmm...

We'll have an aft balcony...maybe they won't want to run all the way to the back of the ship! ha ha ha!

Pools would be a good place for them to cause havoc since we don't hang out there. Stairs I could live with. The screaming though....not so much.

Do most schools get off the whole week for Thanksgiving or just Thur and Friday?

February has been good for us. But we are going to be doing a land vacation in Feb 2011 (yes I like to plan ahead). So going someplace warm before our Minnesota winter kicks in is nice too.

Might have to look into switching the land vacation and the cruise around though...

February has been good for us. But we are going to be doing a land vacation in Feb 2011 (yes I like to plan ahead). So going someplace warm before our Minnesota winter kicks in is nice too.

Might have to look into switching the land vacation and the cruise around though...

February can be tricky too. Some schools in MA have a week off for spring break. And March is bad as is April. May maybe OK, but I would not count on it, they could get out early. I think January is good because they have just come back from Christmas break. I swear kids today have more time off than they ever did. I was lucky to get Good Friday and a week at Christmas off. But then I am as old as dirt so....

We may just have to suck it up and enjoy all the little darlings. Looked at flip flopping trips but the timing just works too good with the other cruise.

Paddle...yeah I wish. Kids need more of that these days that's for sure. Now back in my day.... :p

What do you think?

R U Kidding? All holiday cruises are full of the little devils! Enjoy!

I was on the Splendor last year which sailed before Thanksgiving and it was filled with kids. They were in the adults only hot tubs. They were running up and down the hallways. There was a group who sat in the glass elevators all day. On the other hand there was a cute little boy who stayed in the elevators who politely asked what floor you wanted then pushed the button. He had to be there for a couple of hours. We still had a good time although we didn't get to use the hot tubs (wasn't worth it to go find someone to tell). A few DOD's helped with frustration too.

R U Kidding? All holiday cruises are full of the little devils! Enjoy!

I'm not kidding. What kind of parent will pull their kid out of school early just to go on a cruise? :D It does leave the Friday BEFORE Thanksgiving!

This cruise is only $80 more than the cruise after Thanksgiving with the same itinerary...usually it seems the prices are a lot more for the holiday cruises filled with rug rats. So I was was just hoping.... :)

:):)

What do you think?

Yep...lots of kids. If you are lucky they will be like my 4 dd's... a pleasure.......but I doubt it . Go in January or find a very very very expensise cruise line and then there will only be half the number of kids.

You couldn't give us a free cruise over Thanksgiving because the day at home is worth more than any cruise could ever be:)

I'm not kidding. What kind of parent will pull their kid out of school early just to go on a cruise? :D It does leave the Friday BEFORE Thanksgiving!

This cruise is only $80 more than the cruise after Thanksgiving with the same itinerary...usually it seems the prices are a lot more for the holiday cruises filled with rug rats. So I was was just hoping.... :)

What kind of parent, you ask? About 50% of every parent in every one of every class any of my kids have ever been in, that's who. No kidding really....and they all have the same last name....JONES........tough to keep up with them...the best part about them taking the kids out early is that the class is so calm that week....the worst part....the teachers do not teach too much because they will only have to go over it again for the kids that are out.

We may just have to suck it up and enjoy all the little darlings. Looked at flip flopping trips but the timing just works too good with the other cruise.

Paddle...yeah I wish. Kids need more of that these days that's for sure. Now back in my day.... :p

I can tell you from experience that when you are blessed with great kids there is no greater joy...........I would give my life up for them without any hesitation.....so would many others with children

Lots and lots of parents take em out for cruises. Our kids take their kids out for cruises. They have never fallen behind.

:):)

Yep...lots of kids. If you are lucky they will be like my 4 dd's... a pleasure.......but I doubt it . Go in January or find a very very very expensise cruise line and then there will only be half the number of kids.

You couldn't give us a free cruise over Thanksgiving because the day at home is worth more than any cruise could ever be:)

going on our 3rd thankgiving cruise this year. Secret is take the family with you. A week is better than a day.

The kind of parent that wants to minimize the amount of school they will miss. My kids will be only miss 1.5 days on our cruise that departs the Sunday before Thanksgiving. They get time off for Thanksgiving and parent conferences. For us it is worth the higher fares that week.

When we cruise without the kids we enjoy the rock bottom fares and virtually childless cruising during Sept.

The kind of parent that wants to minimize the amount of school they will miss. My kids will be only miss 1.5 days on our cruise that departs the Sunday before Thanksgiving. They get time off for Thanksgiving and parent conferences. For us it is worth the higher fares that week.

When we cruise without the kids we enjoy the rock bottom fares and virtually childless cruising during Sept.

I'm all for the kids being on the cruises that leave the Sunday before! :D:D

Didn't you know that taking your kid out of school to go on vacation is considered an educational experience.;)

We did the Disney Magic Kingdom/Epcot/Universal parks during the Thanksgiving week a few years back and I was rather stunned by the lack of people. What a great time to go there. Plus they redecorate Magic Kingdom for Christmas simply overnight from Thanksgiving.

Sure, they'll be kids because of Thanksgiving. Lots of folks don't think twice about pulling their younger kids from school. So, you'll probably have lots of younger ones.

Older high school/college age "kids" will probably not be in abundance.

We usually cruise over Thanksgiving and Spring Break (March). The Thanksgiving cruises do have lots of families, but not nearly as many as during spring break. You should be fine on an 8-day cruise, I would think. When we've taken our kids out of school over Thanksgiving, they do have to miss 2 days of school (for a short cruise that week). We'd probably not pull them out for an 8-day cruise as it would require more missed days.

Not to steer this OT, but yes, our kids have learned much more from the excursions we've taken during the couple of missed days of school than they would have learned in the classroom for two days during a shortened week.

Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about it! It is a big ship! Plenty of places to go where kids will not be.

Boo

There will be over 500+ kids on that cruise, they are not in school, so....

Use the stairs because the kids will be playing with all the elevators, plan on kids running up and down the halls and probably screaming, they will be running around the pool and splashing people and so on and so on.

I just got off a cruise with 700 kids...I only got in the elevator one time when all the buttons were pushed. No big deal. I laughed about it.

Our halls were quiet every night of the cruise.

I was in the very crowded pool and did not get splashed.

Archived