Arh! Still Dont Have Passports and We Cruise Oct 3!

Yulara336

Yes, we left it a little too late to get our passports but it took several weeks for us to get passport photos done. We live in a remote area and there is only ONE place to get them done at, the local PO. And only ONE person to do it who conveniently was on holidays most of August!

They also refused to take pictures of our 4 year old as he wouldnt sit still the first time we tried. I attempted to take my OWN pictures but they all were denied, too many shadows, background not white enough etc.. We ended up having to cave in and pay $15 per attempt to get his picture done. Or else drive 500km each way to Alice Springs to get it done there. It only took 5 goes @ $15 a pop and we still had to pay for the ones that didnt work out...

However I am now worried that the passports wont get back in time for P&O to be able to send the paperwork. We cruise on October 3 but we are spending 3 days in Sydney beforehand. We fly out on September 30. They estimate we will get our passports the first 1-2 weeks of September

Is this too little notice. Do we 'need' the paperwork from P&O to be able to board. Or do they send via express so we get it quick?

You should be fine, dont stress. Friends of ours are going on cruise with us and they didnt have passports. It only took 2 weeks for them to get. They werent in a hurry. They said you can pay a bit extra and they will be send even faster but they didnt mind. My sister also applied for hers and received in 2 weeks (10 working days) you should be cruisey :) sounds like 2 weeks is about average. You will have a great time, so sit back, relax and count the sleeps. Fiona

Hi Yulara you are remote,my son goes up there at times to do some work.

Tassie cruiser is right dont stress you should have them back at the latest 10days.

I live in the country area and always pay extra if i want something urgent as its like mail by stage coach.

Give it 2 weeks and then ring to see how its going

Aussiemin

Cruised gemini 2008 xmas

Cruised Sun Princess June 2009

We recently did ours and it took 9 days total, so add a few more days and you should be right. You can also log in and track the progress of your passport, they will then send you an email to tell you they are done and on their way through the post. You'll have them soon with plenty of time to spare. Enjoy your cruise!

Angela:D

Do we 'need' the paperwork from P&O to be able to board. Or do they send via express so we get it quick?

As with kcbj, should everything go pear shaped, I don't think it will be a problem. Filling out the personaliser stuff on line keeps them happy, but I don't think it's essential and can be adjusted at the port if it is incomplete/needs updating.

Thanks for all your replies, this is our first cruise and my son's first time overseas!

Was getting concerned as we havent gotten our 'blue folder' yet and the P&O rep said we wont get them until all the passport information is filled out!

What deck are you on? We have been assigned Baja B154!

Thanks for all your replies, this is our first cruise and my son's first time overseas!

Was getting concerned as we havent gotten our 'blue folder' yet and the P&O rep said we wont get them until all the passport information is filled out!

What deck are you on? We have been assigned Baja B154!

Don't worry your Passports will arrive in plenty of time.

Ship's are amazing, they have a knack of instantly removing all the beforehand stress the minute you walk on board ;)

Have fun and enjoy, and I'll guarantee this won't be your first and last cruise :p

Jillybean:)

We're had our blue folders for about 2 weeks now.

We are on Emerald Deck E178 4 berth.

It is our first family cruise and our second overseas holiday as a family.

We are all very exicted and are starting to pack, our dining room table is covered with new clothes, medical supplies, our own cans of soft drink and gifts for the kids on the Islands.:)

We booked through P&O Direct, paid deposit as soon as we booked and paid balance in July

Do you know when they usually send out the folders, or do I have to wait until all the passport info is entered? Everything else is filled out except passport info

I believe tickets start arriving anywhere from 50 days to cruise day,I would say yours will be sent once they recieve passport details. Don't stress to much,it's exciting to finally get the tickets,but after a couple of days ours have been filed back in the cupboard.

Archived