Express Docs Question.

scomar

I have completed the online check-in with HAL for my Dec cruise. I booked a guaranteed balcony. HAL said my express doc will be ready for print approx on Oct 25. When they are ready to print will this be the point at which I can see the room number I get?

Thanks

Scomar

HAL said my express doc will be ready for print approx on Oct 25. When they are ready to print will this be the point at which I can see the room number I get?
No. The docs will be available for printing about 50 days before sailing, but the peak of the guarantee assignment curve falls about 14 to 10 days out. You can start checking for your room in earnest about 20 days out. :p

Even though you can't print you e-docs until Oct 25 -- you can still keep checking either through immigration or shore excursions to see if you have been assigned cabin.

There is always the possibility that you will get assigned a cabin 50 days out -- slim -- but if you do -- it can still change.

You may not even get assigned a cabin on Oct 25!!

Some people are assigned right away -- others have waited until a few days before their cruise before they know their cabin number.

And then I have read where some were assigned once they got to the pier.

Archived