Ironing Boards In Cabins

RECPILOT

I really understand why you don't take this seriously, because most people are careful, but you're still wrong. The cruiseline wouldn't have this rule if they didn't think it was a problem, so you can justify it all you like...you're still wrong. As far as pushing buttons, I'm laughing too.:D

QUOTE=C 2 C]

... Gravol worked fine on the way to Hawaii when 100's were under the weather...

My ticket never told me not to iron my clothes... by the way I also bring my own wine... I like to have a couple of glasses while the domestic chores get done..

Try not to cruise too often, you're bound to stumble into my cabin while the iron is running loose.. the dates of my sailings are listed in my signature..

“There is nothing under the sun better for man than to eat, drink, and be merry. Go, therefore, eat your bread with joy and drink your wine with cheer.” Ecclesiastes 8:15

ARNO's wanderlust: Veendam <1/15/05> Zenith <1/30/05> Galaxy <5/7/05> Galaxy <5/23/05> Galaxy <10/17/05> Veendam <11/26/05>

:eek:

Katie, 'we' are in big trouble: Gravol + couple of glasses of wine + iron my clothes.......and on top of all of that <11/26/05>........

I am changing my reservation........

Wes

Sorry, false alarm........I just noticed -wrong ship........

Wes

The clothes iron argument is pointless-the ships (all lines) don't allow them in staterooms and the crews are required to report irons to the ship's Safety Officer, who is responsible for taking any appropriate action (usually just speaking with the passengers). Some housekeeping staff will sometimes cut passengers a little slack but they are under strict instructions not to.

Our friends on a Windsurf cruise called the steward to get a few items picked up to iron. They were surprised when the steward informed them that an iron and board could be brought to their room if they preferred. The absolute statement about all lines isn't accurate. Presumably if the cruise line is providing the iron themselves they can at least ensure it has the safety features they want such as an automatic shut-off and that a board comes with it so ironing isn't done on improvised surfaces. At least they just installed a new high tech mist fire sprinkler system :) .

P.S. The charges for pressing were reasonable and ironing wasn't their idea of a vacation so they sent the cloths out for pressing. So did my roommate.

Accidents

"The major cause of fire deaths in private residences is accidents such as leaving a curling iron on, an electric blanket, or a dropped cigarette or an electric heater too close to flammable material."

If you were really concerned about an illegal iron as the cause of fires...

Then outlaw all curling irons, smoking on board... and... remember the fire aboard the new Carnival ship a few years back... the fire started in the laundry room.. it's your laundry that was sent that was responsible for the fire...

If you had just done your own... those people would have had a nice holiday.. :rolleyes:

At least I can't be tagged as the 'pot stirrer' on this thread. :)

The question HAS been asked, and answered though, in case anyone cares to leave it at that.

The rest is just fluff.

ps.. oh, and I hope that is not too 'negative'. I wonder where newt is with his trusty 7 iron.

Archived