Best strategy for exiting the ship?

dixie54

Last March it took us forever to get off the Voyager in Galveston. There was a long unmoving line waiting for a porter. Since we drove to the port we were not in a big hurry since we didn't need to make a plane.

We are now planning to take our own bags off, but would like to have a nice breakfast in the dining room b4 we get off the ship in Galveston next February. Will that be a lot quicker?

However, this October we will be leaving Port Canaveral and we will need to catch a 12pm flight out of Orlando. I think we should probably do the very early self walk off.??. So do you order room service or how do you get breakfast easily that morning?

I would appreciate any advise!!

How about looking at it by walking the time line backwards.

If your flight is at 12:00 noon, you want to be at the airport 1.5 hours earlier, or 10:30. It takes about 45 minutes to drive from Canaveral, but I would allow an hour (*just in case); so you should be leaving the pier by 9:30. If you allow at least a half hour to go through customs and get your luggage, then you need to be leaving the ship by 9:00 (playing it safe would mean leaving the ship by 8:30-8:45).

I think if you look at it this way, you can see that it won't be such an "Emergency Exit" situation. If you get up by 7:00, you should have time to get yourself and your things ready, leave the room by 8:00, have breakfast, and leave on time.

Hope This Helps.

Archived