Atlantis

daysichase

I see that there's a lot of controversy on whether or not Atlantis is worth it. I went to the website and just from what I'm looking at, it LOOKS worth it. But looks aren't everything, as we all know.

We're pretty certain that we want to do the atlantis package. We sail on 12/12, and we booked through a travel agency. Do we have to book the excursion through the agency, or can we just go through the site or do it on the boat? And if we can book it on the boat, what are the chances that Atlantis tickets won't sell out? I know it's December and not peak month for cruises, but if we can wait to book on the boat without losing out on spots, that would be good.

We're not going to be renting a room anywhere on the island-preferring just to go back to our ship.

-Rae

I see that there's a lot of controversy on whether or not Atlantis is worth it. I went to the website and just from what I'm looking at, it LOOKS worth it. But looks aren't everything, as we all know.

We're pretty certain that we want to do the atlantis package. We sail on 12/12, and we booked through a travel agency. Do we have to book the excursion through the agency, or can we just go through the site or do it on the boat? And if we can book it on the boat, what are the chances that Atlantis tickets won't sell out? I know it's December and not peak month for cruises, but if we can wait to book on the boat without losing out on spots, that would be good.

We're not going to be renting a room anywhere on the island-preferring just to go back to our ship.

-Rae

It's unlikely that the ship will sell out that week.. Xmas week is another story. But you are safe with your dates. Either book on the ship, or prebook when you book your other shore excursions.

My opinion is that Atlantis is worth it... at least once. You are likely to be safe in booking on the ship. As far as booking a room on the island, the only place other than Atlantis that affords you full access is the Comfort Suites. You can check in and check out all at the same time to negate the need to return to the hotel later in the day. Depending on the number in your party it can work out to be much cheaper this way and as mentioned you get full access to all the amenities. Not trying to sway you, just provide some info.

Archived