Splendor - General ?'s & Spa Balcony Cabin Questions

kbalthaser66

For those of you that have booked and sailed in a Spa Balcony cabin - can you tell me what the differences were verses a standard balcony cabin. Do you feel it was worth the extra cost to book a Spa Balcony cabin?

Has anyone used the Lassotherapy (sp?) pools? How did you like them. Is the water warm? Also, the adult only pools and hottubs - is this enforced on the Splendor?

So many questions................

Didn't sail in a Spa balcony cabin, but we did visit a handicapped one on our cabin crawl. The cabins are decorated wood tones and are non smoking. The adult serenity area is enforced. It is accessed thru offset panels. It is direclty under the mini golf course.

Cannot comment on the pools and spas.

kbalthaser66,

My bf and I just got back from the splendor on 8/23 and we stayed in a spa balcony cabin. I did not see a regular balcony cabin (and I have never cruised carnival before) so I don't really know what the 'differences' are, but I can tell you what the spa cabins were like and compare it to my general impressions of the other cabins on the ship.

These are the differences that I know of:

Decor: The spa cabins are 'Asian themed' with a red/gold/green color scheme and Asian-style pictures on the walls. I think the other cabins are pink... but I'm not sure.

Shower amenities: The shampoo/conditioner/shower gel and lotion were all the spa brand instead of the regular shampoo and gel (which were also in the shower) I really liked the spa products, but my bf hated the shampoo.

Robe/Slippers: Not sure if other cabins provide robes and slippers, but we enjoyed using them on the cruise. They were especially good for walking to the spa (but more on that later). The robes were white (pretty standard) with pockets and the slippers were also white with a 'Cloud 9 Spa' logo on them. We were allowed to keep the slippers and could have purchased the robe.

Towels: Not a big difference, but in the interest of completeness - the carnival towels we used all week were brown instead of blue.

Hallway carpeting: Ok, REALLY not a big difference, but the hallway carpeting changed colors when you entered the spa cabin hall. This made it really easy to find our room.

Access to the spa: You probably know this, but booking a spa cabin gives you unlimited access to the spa facilities. This includes the thalassotherapy pool, 2 steam rooms, 2 saunas and showers. After the muster drill we went up the spa and got a tour. They gave us 2 white rubber/plastic bracelets with the spa logo on them (similar to the Lance Armstrong 'livestrong' bracelets) that we wore when we went to the spa. Otherwise, I believe it is $35 a day (or probably some discounted rate for the week) to use these facilities.

Facilities:

Thalassotherapy pool: Awesome. We LOVED this. Yes, it is hot. It was bigger than the hot tubs on the ship and I never once saw a child even near it. (this was perhaps the best part) We went in every day and found it really relaxing.

Steam Rooms: One is hotter than the other. They are both large and wonderful.

Saunas: Same thing, one is hotter than the other. The hotter of the two is positioned right over the bow of the boat with a huge window looking out onto the sea. The saunas are interesting because the air is the room is dry, but not exceptionally hot. Instead of heating the air, they heat the chairs. It’s very relaxing.

The spa opened early in the morning (maybe 8 – but I was never there that early) and was open until 10 pm. There were fresh towels everywhere and rain showers to use, as well. We felt the spa balcony room was absolutely worth the cost because we used the spa facilities every day. We also really liked the location. We were in room 1052. This put us really close to the Lido deck where most of the daytime activity was and close to the adults only serenity deck. If I had to pick another (non-spa balcony) place to be on the ship, I would pick as far aft as possible, because that was where the adults only pool, our dining room, and most of the bars/lounges were.

There was one adults only pool and two adults only hot tubs at the far back of the lido deck. The rules for the adults only pool/hot tubs were enforced as far as I saw. Unfortunately, only the pool/hot tubs were adults only and technically not the area around the pool (I think). Occasionally, there were kids running around the area around the adults only pool, but I never saw any actually IN the water. There were no kids allowed in the Serenity deck area, but I saw one there with her family. She was quiet, though, so it didn’t really bother me. I just thought it was a little rude because 90% of the ship is kid friendly. Another thing that was weird was that the mini golf area was right above the Serenity deck (poor planning) and so there was some noise coming from above. Also, one mother felt it was necessary to carry on a yelling conversation with her child while she was on the serenity deck and he was above playing mini golf. Ok, now I am done complaining J.

I hope I answered your questions, but if you have more, I’d be happy to help. We had a really great time on the Splendor. Happy cruising!

I booked interior spa--table mate had spa balcony--used the spa everyday sometimes 2 or 3 times--well worth that, other table mates had reg balcony--no tub just shower--spa balcony has a spa tub in room--didnt see reg balcony but it sounds as if the spa balcony was bettre!!

We were in a spa suite on 8/2. Had others in our group in spa balcony as well as inside. Personally, I really enjoy the different decor of the room (and the hallway). We used the spa services 4 times. Not sure if we would do it again (we just did not use it enough to justify in our minds).

Thank you all so much for the information - greatly appreciated!!!!

In one of the posts above it was mentioned that the "spa balcony cabin" has a shower/tub in the cabin - is that true? I thought only the suites had the tubs in them. If the "spa balcony" cabins have a tub I am going to be OVER THE MOON!!!! I think with the information provided above we are going to keep our "spa balcony" cabin that we have booked. We have booked a cabin on the spa deck - a room on deck 11 immediately next to the intrance of the spa - is this a good location? Are we going to hear a lot of noise in this area?

Again - thanks everyone for your input.

Thank you all so much for the information - greatly appreciated!!!!

In one of the posts above it was mentioned that the "spa balcony cabin" has a shower/tub in the cabin - is that true? I thought only the suites had the tubs in them. If the "spa balcony" cabins have a tub I am going to be OVER THE MOON!!!! I think with the information provided above we are going to keep our "spa balcony" cabin that we have booked. We have booked a cabin on the spa deck - a room on deck 11 immediately next to the intrance of the spa - is this a good location? Are we going to hear a lot of noise in this area?

Again - thanks everyone for your input.

You wont hear anything at all (other than normal noise, in fact less since it is well off the beaten track). Cancel the moonshot......there is no tub in a regular spa balcony room. Only the spa suites have them, we were in a spa suite and it was really nice . What room number is it?

You wont hear anything at all (other than normal noise, in fact less since it is well off the beaten track). Cancel the moonshot......there is no tub in a regular spa balcony room. Only the spa suites have them, we were in a spa suite and it was really nice . What room number is it?

We are in cabin 1106. I cannot believe that it is still so far away. I think I am going to go crazy between now and January. Do you have any pictures you would care to share to hold me over till January?

We are in cabin 1106. I cannot believe that it is still so far away. I think I am going to go crazy between now and January. Do you have any pictures you would care to share to hold me over till January?

I'll second the request for photos. I'm booked in a spa balcony cabin for late September. Cannot wait. Really.

I am on the Splendont for Sept 13th and have a spa suite. As for the poster who said it was her first cruise. Well, the brown towels are the Spa category color towels and the robes are supposed to be different color as well.

I hope to do the spa tour earlier, say no later than 2:30pm. I have a very busy day planned from the moment I step on board until the ship leaves port and then likely after dinner if I didn't have time to unpack!!!!

16 days until I leave for LA!

I am on the Splendont for Sept 13th and have a spa suite. As for the poster who said it was her first cruise. Well, the brown towels are the Spa category color towels and the robes are supposed to be different color as well.

I hope to do the spa tour earlier, say no later than 2:30pm. I have a very busy day planned from the moment I step on board until the ship leaves port and then likely after dinner if I didn't have time to unpack!!!!

16 days until I leave for LA!

We had a spa suite on our cruise on 8/2. You will love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what time the spa tours are for the Spa Cabins? When I booked it said that people staying in the spa cabins recieved a seperate tour with complimenary beverages and discounts etc...does anyone have any information on this? Times etc

Thanks

Does anyone know what time the spa tours are for the Spa Cabins? When I booked it said that people staying in the spa cabins recieved a seperate tour with complimenary beverages and discounts etc...does anyone have any information on this? Times etc

Thanks

ummmm, we went on one afternoon we got on the ship (prior to leaving Long Beach). There were refreshments, but don't recall a special invite (might have been, but don't recall it).

Here is a link to 314 pictures of the Splendor -- including MANY shots of the SPA staterooms and suites:

http://picasaweb.google.com/CruiseEscapesPhotos/CarnivalSplendorSFO#

Enjoy!

Thank you. What a nice site. I looked up a lot on there once I went to the link. I am debating switching my 9A cabin on the Dream to a Spa Suite. These pictures gave me an idea of what I have been looking for.

• 3 weeks later...
kbalthaser66,

My bf and I just got back from the splendor on 8/23 and we stayed in a spa balcony cabin. I did not see a regular balcony cabin (and I have never cruised carnival before) so I don't really know what the 'differences' are, but I can tell you what the spa cabins were like and compare it to my general impressions of the other cabins on the ship.

These are the differences that I know of:

Decor: The spa cabins are 'Asian themed' with a red/gold/green color scheme and Asian-style pictures on the walls. I think the other cabins are pink... but I'm not sure.

Shower amenities: The shampoo/conditioner/shower gel and lotion were all the spa brand instead of the regular shampoo and gel (which were also in the shower) I really liked the spa products, but my bf hated the shampoo.

Robe/Slippers: Not sure if other cabins provide robes and slippers, but we enjoyed using them on the cruise. They were especially good for walking to the spa (but more on that later). The robes were white (pretty standard) with pockets and the slippers were also white with a 'Cloud 9 Spa' logo on them. We were allowed to keep the slippers and could have purchased the robe.

Towels: Not a big difference, but in the interest of completeness - the carnival towels we used all week were brown instead of blue.

Hallway carpeting: Ok, REALLY not a big difference, but the hallway carpeting changed colors when you entered the spa cabin hall. This made it really easy to find our room.

Access to the spa: You probably know this, but booking a spa cabin gives you unlimited access to the spa facilities. This includes the thalassotherapy pool, 2 steam rooms, 2 saunas and showers. After the muster drill we went up the spa and got a tour. They gave us 2 white rubber/plastic bracelets with the spa logo on them (similar to the Lance Armstrong 'livestrong' bracelets) that we wore when we went to the spa. Otherwise, I believe it is $35 a day (or probably some discounted rate for the week) to use these facilities.

Facilities:

Thalassotherapy pool: Awesome. We LOVED this. Yes, it is hot. It was bigger than the hot tubs on the ship and I never once saw a child even near it. (this was perhaps the best part) We went in every day and found it really relaxing.

Steam Rooms: One is hotter than the other. They are both large and wonderful.

Saunas: Same thing, one is hotter than the other. The hotter of the two is positioned right over the bow of the boat with a huge window looking out onto the sea. The saunas are interesting because the air is the room is dry, but not exceptionally hot. Instead of heating the air, they heat the chairs. It’s very relaxing.

The spa opened early in the morning (maybe 8 – but I was never there that early) and was open until 10 pm. There were fresh towels everywhere and rain showers to use, as well. We felt the spa balcony room was absolutely worth the cost because we used the spa facilities every day. We also really liked the location. We were in room 1052. This put us really close to the Lido deck where most of the daytime activity was and close to the adults only serenity deck. If I had to pick another (non-spa balcony) place to be on the ship, I would pick as far aft as possible, because that was where the adults only pool, our dining room, and most of the bars/lounges were.

There was one adults only pool and two adults only hot tubs at the far back of the lido deck. The rules for the adults only pool/hot tubs were enforced as far as I saw. Unfortunately, only the pool/hot tubs were adults only and technically not the area around the pool (I think). Occasionally, there were kids running around the area around the adults only pool, but I never saw any actually IN the water. There were no kids allowed in the Serenity deck area, but I saw one there with her family. She was quiet, though, so it didn’t really bother me. I just thought it was a little rude because 90% of the ship is kid friendly. Another thing that was weird was that the mini golf area was right above the Serenity deck (poor planning) and so there was some noise coming from above. Also, one mother felt it was necessary to carry on a yelling conversation with her child while she was on the serenity deck and he was above playing mini golf. Ok, now I am done complaining J.

I hope I answered your questions, but if you have more, I’d be happy to help. We had a really great time on the Splendor. Happy cruising!

BooRad;

You mentioned that for your trip on Carnival Splendor you had the Spa room 1052? I have the same room but on the other side for my trip in dec (#1053)

I wanted to ask you what's next to the room? on the deck plans it shows an empty spot before the regular balcony rooms begin. Is that a divider? a service room? or is that just on the deck plan.

Thanks.

-Notme2

• 3 weeks later...
BooRad;

You mentioned that for your trip on Carnival Splendor you had the Spa room 1052? I have the same room but on the other side for my trip in dec (#1053)

I wanted to ask you what's next to the room? on the deck plans it shows an empty spot before the regular balcony rooms begin. Is that a divider? a service room? or is that just on the deck plan.

Thanks.

-Notme2

I am wondering that same thing. There is that "empty space" separating the spa cabin section to the regular Panorama section. The OP did mention that she did like the location and did not have any real complaints regarding the room so I want to assume that whatever the space is, that its nothing noticeable.

I had the spa suite on the Splendor four weeks ago. The suite is a cabin and a half size, which was awesome. There is a decor change from regular cabins to spa cabins and it is quite obvious. The Spa category balconies are like all other balcony cabins, just a change in decor to the spa colors and light brown colored towels.

The Thalasso pool was amazing!!!! I loved it. The only problem is if there is rough seas and the bow is bobbing big time, the water will slosh back and forth and it isn't a fun time trying to stay in the same spot in the thalasso pool...The water in nice and warm and soothing!!!!

I liked the oriental steam bath and laconium, they were delightful!!!!

Spa tours--they start ASAP and run all night at embarkation

Decor--no, there isn't a big gap or space. Cabin 1053 is the first spa cabin on the starboard side and there is a difinitely change in color pattern!

I regret NOT taking a photo of the hallway or the carpet and such....yet another vacation brain picture not taken...

I booked interior spa--table mate had spa balcony--used the spa everyday sometimes 2 or 3 times--well worth that, other table mates had reg balcony--no tub just shower--spa balcony has a spa tub in room--didnt see reg balcony but it sounds as if the spa balcony was bettre!!

Do the interior rooms have any special amenities besides the private spa admittance?

Archived