"SILVERSEA" responds to my message

goodshape

A couple of weeks ago when the Dec 14th stuff started to appear I sent an email to Silversea and sent them a link to this board. Since I was booked on a Nov 7th 2005 cruise I asked them if they had seen the CruiseCritic boards and if they where noticing a drop in "above excellent" in their questionnaires. Their response when something like this:

1. They will respond to EACH complaint brought to them

2. They will not respond to public forum boards

3. In their 10 years of existence they have won many awards and would not have done so without the "above excellent" level of service.

4. They WILL maintain this level of service and want people to let them know if it was not achieved.

5. They take their customer relations VERY seriously.

Although I expected this type of a response I believe that she was sincere in her effort and encourage ANYONE who was not pleased with something to report it directly to Silverseas with as much detail as possible so that they can correct the problem..

I was one of the cruisers on the 12/6 Aruba to Aruba cruise. And while I had a great time on the cruise, there were a couple of problems that occurred

while on board that I thought should have been handled differently. To this date, Silverseas has not replied to a letter that I wrote to them shortly after the cruise.

I have refrained from posting much on this board as when I did, unfortunately some posters thought I was one of those types of cruisers that would never be satisfied. That is farthest from the truth in actuality. In comparing Seabourn to Silverseas, sorry to say the service on Seabourn was heads above that on Silversea. Now if the Whisper was in the fleet of Seabourn WOW - that would be a glorious cruise to take!

just a thought here....if Seabourn had the whisper they'd have twice as many passengers to deal with which could possibly affect service. i'm not saying it would but it doesnmake a difference. anyway, i love them both.

Just my $0.02...

We travelled on the Seabourn Sun...and the service was very, very good but did not equal the service we had on the Seabourn Spirit. The Sun held about 750 passengers vs. the Spirit's 200. The intimacy and the interaction was lost a bit on the larger ship. I think Seabourn's style works extremely well on small ships but could not be equalled on the larger Sun.

You may have a point. While the Seabourn Pride has about one half the passengers of what the Whisper has service was perfect. Not once did we run into "aloof" attitudes, or rudeness of any sort (well not from the staff, but from some of the guests - another thread entirely!). Perhaps the service would have been effected by the increase in passenger numbers, no one knows.

In reading other comments, I see I wasn't alone in my feelings towards the lack of service on the Whisper. And yes, my soaps weren't replaced either on the whisper, but on the Pride not only was I offered a choice of toiletries, when I couldnt decide the stewardess said, well then take them all. Perhaps you can try one each day. Now that is service!

Wishing all of you a wonderful New Year - be safe everyone.

Archived