Cheaper parking at Cape Liberty Cruise Port, NJ?

LoveDoctors

Parking at the port is $19/day, so that is $133 for the week. There is no problem getting a parking space - there's plenty of room. I like to arrive between 10:30 and 11:00 when I drive. In the dead of winter it will be worthwhile to park right at the port - no hanging around in the cold waiting for a shuttle to offsite parking. In case of snow they do a really good job of plowing the parking and there are guys who will help you get your car out if necessary.

I am on that cruise as the second leg of a B2B. Come join our roll call and register for the meet and mingle.

• 4 weeks later...
It is just amazing how many NEW posters are advocating park at Premier. One begins to wonder if they are not somehow tied into the many, many websites that Premier/CheapParkFly/AirportParking, etc. etc. operate. All the same company with MANY websites.

Now we are getting hit with posters who are new to CC and advocating park at the Premier lot in Bayonne.

You really have to wonder.

So are you saying that parking at the Port I will NOT be liable for anything that might happen to my vehicle while I am on my 9 night cruise?? Perhaps one should question what your motives are. I found Premier parking website on my own...through a google search....why are you so against paying less (11.99 a day vs. $19 a day), If it were FREE parking then I would definately say "too good to be true". Curious to hear your response.

So are you saying that parking at the Port I will NOT be liable for anything that might happen to my vehicle while I am on my 9 night cruise?? Perhaps one should question what your motives are. I found Premier parking website on my own...through a google search....why are you so against paying less (11.99 a day vs. $19 a day), If it were FREE parking then I would definately say "too good to be true". Curious to hear your response.

I can guarantee that greatam's only motivation is to protect posters from a possibly uninsured, unlicensed business. If something goes wrong and the company is not properly insured or licensed you may be the one ending up with a headache and a hole in your wallet where your money used to be.

Edited by njhorseman

• 8 months later...

Any new information on parking?

We live just outside of philly so were planning on just driving in the morning of our cruise.

Is the port still the best place to park? There are 6 of us so a stay and cruise package would likely be more expensive then driving us all to the pier in one car and parking there.

• 3 years later...

Leaving from CT Dec. 2017 to Cape Liberty.

Thinking of parking at cruise port. $20 per day. 9 day cruise.

Looked at hotels, more expensive than the port.

Bus service is no longer.

Does any one have any updated information with the other parking area? Much cheaper but the reviews not good.

The reviews are not recent.

Thanks

Leaving from CT Dec. 2017 to Cape Liberty.

Thinking of parking at cruise port. $20 per day. 9 day cruise.

Looked at hotels, more expensive than the port.

Bus service is no longer.

Does any one have any updated information with the other parking area? Much cheaper but the reviews not good.

The reviews are not recent.

Thanks

The 12/14/17 cruise shows as being 8 nights, $160 to park at the port in a covered parking garage - really nice feature if it snows while you're gone.

Bayonne is a highly urban area. Don't recommend the other parking due to location and liability insurance concerns with their shuttle operation.

Can recommend a park, sleep, cruise for $219 tax included if you arrive the day before.

• 1 month later...
Can recommend a park, sleep, cruise for $219 tax included if you arrive the day before.

What is your recommendation? We're on the 7/7/17 Celebrity Summit for 9 nights. Thanks!

We must have parked at the port parking at least 15 times and will continue to do so.

You don't have to handle your baggage. Just stop your vehicle and open your trunk.

You are right at the ship, no buses, trams, shuttles, just a short walk.

Your car is, for the most part, sheltered from the elements.

Your car is in an area much more secure than any of the off site lots or hotel parking lots.

Even before the port was redone we would be in our car and on the way home within 15 minutes or less of clearing customs.

OMO

bosco

:confused:

What is your recommendation? We're on the 7/7/17 Celebrity Summit for 9 nights. Thanks!

Trinityreservations.com - park sleep cruise at the Ramada Plaza. Price quoted is tax included - room, parking for 21 days, and round trip port transportation for 2 people.

Just an FYI.....the original post is from 2009. Some of the comments suggested Premier Parking. We did use them a couple of years ago. No problems or issues and I think was like $58 for the week but they no longer exist.

Does anyone have any recommendations for parking at Bayonne currently? Other than at the port?

No other options are currently recommended. Bayonne is a highly urban industrialized area where you must be selective about where you ditch your car while on a cruise.