Disembarking Port of Miami

QuakerBoy

I second this. Be sure to be first in the walk off line. They are really slow and you never know what can cause hold ups.

Walk off is fine if you line up at least an hour before the suggested time. In my experience the lines have been long and slow.. Still too risky for a 10am flight

I was surprised last holiday sailing how early people line up to walk off, so this is good advice!

Also, a previous posters advice for a Porter is a good Idea.

Still, 10am seems a little risky and could be stressful....

We disembarked in Miami from the Equinox on July 30th. We are Global Entry holders and did not receive any option to use such. Our flight was not until 2 pm so a non-issue, but in our experience, there is not G.E. at Port of Miami.

Luckily, we were able to take advantage of Luggage Valet - what a wonderful way to go! No bags to deal with upon disembarkation ... just grab a taxi, head to the airport, clear security (with TSA pre-check) and off to the lounge. All bags were accounted for when we arrived in Phoenix.

YMMV

• 2 years later...
On 8/19/2017 at 1:39 PM, kwokpot said:

To be honest, when I have used my Global Entry at Port Everglades the Customs Agents have always refused to examine the actual card. They have no use for its your passport they want. Once you are in the queue their job is not to 'verify' whether you are supposed to be there. They just need to examine your passport. I have had many agents tell me they have never seen a global entry card before and have no reason to examine one.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

The reason for the agents not wanting to see your "Global Entry Card" is because it is only for entry from Canadian or Mexico borders where you do not need your passport.