Liberty FunTimes

kfoster44

Finally !!

I thought we were going to have the ship to ourselves. Lol

Getting close now.

We live a few miles from the port and we go out to watch her leave sometimes on Sundays.

Can't wait !

Finally !!

I thought we were going to have the ship to ourselves. Lol

LOL. If only. This will be the first in-season cruise we've taken besides an NCL cruise we took during Thanksgiving several years ago. I'm preparing myself to be very patient about lines and crowds. Out of curiosity, I checked the Carnival site for availability. It's slim picking, especially if you want a room for more than 2 people.

Getting close now.

We live a few miles from the port and we go out to watch her leave sometimes on Sundays.

Yeah! Now, it's you're turn.

We leave Sunday. No roll call, which bums me out but looking forward to the cruise and meeting new people. Only our second cruise and first on Carnival. We are very excited! I have tried to read as much as I can about Liberty, taken the bad with a grain of salt, and focused on the positives.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We leave Sunday. No roll call, which bums me out but looking forward to the cruise and meeting new people. Only our second cruise and first on Carnival. We are very excited! I have tried to read as much as I can about Liberty, taken the bad with a grain of salt, and focused on the positives.

Yeah, I'm thinking the roll calls are only (or usually) for longer cruises. The other cruises we've been on have been a week or longer, so I'm just guessing. I downloaded a cruise app-not sure if I'm allowed to name it here- recently and was surprised to find there was a roll call for both of our sailings. There are a lot of people listed for ours but not that many actually post anything. Your sailing has 66 people on the roll call. I didn't take a close look at how active it is.

What you said about your expectations for the Liberty, I would say about Carnival in general. Before trying Carnival, we had been on 4 Disney Cruises. We knew that trying to hold Carnival up to Disney's standards would only result in disappointment. I hope you have a really great time, you probably will!

Edited by Silent Penguin
Forgot to say, "I hope you have a great time!"

Yeah, I'm thinking the roll calls are only (or usually) for longer cruises. The other cruises we've been on have been a week or longer, so I'm just guessing. I downloaded a cruise app-not sure if I'm allowed to name it here- recently and was surprised to find there was a roll call for both of our sailings. There are a lot of people listed for ours but not that many actually post anything. Your sailing has 66 people on the roll call. I didn't take a close look at how active it is.

What you said about your expectations for the Liberty, I would say about Carnival in general. Before trying Carnival, we had been on 4 Disney Cruises. We knew that trying to hold Carnival up to Disney's standards would only result in disappointment. I hope you have a really great time, you probably will!

Thanks for the information.! That makes sense about the roll call. Our last cruise was 7 days. I am definitely trying to manage expectations. Fortunately our last cruise was 5 years ago, so the kids don't have much to go by. My brother and his wife are surprising my niece with a Disney cruise this September. They have only sailed Carnival so I will be interested to hear what they say.

Sent from my iPad using Forums