Gratuities

deedee8787

Adults (12 and over) - $12.50 per night

Child (2 and over) - $6.25 per night

Child (under 2) - no charge.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I have seen somewhere that people have removed these when they get on ship how is this possible? Do they still operate an envelope system where you can tip on last evening the various people?

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen somewhere that people have removed these when they get on ship how is this possible? Do they still operate an envelope system where you can tip on last evening the various people?

I guess you probably can have them removed, but the tips do compensate people that help you and give you service throughout the trip, that you may not really notice as individuals because you only see them once or twice. The people who clean the main area of the ship, the waiters who clean up in the buffet, the pool and towel attendants to name just a few.

We left a couple of dollars each day for our cabin attendant. One day we were chatting with her, and she asked if the service she was giving was meeting our expectations. She thought that we may be planning to remove the automatic tip, which we were not. In chatting more, it seems that there is a chance if it happens a few times, the management may question if the service is inadequate from the specific staff that the guests are "assigned" Maybe our cabin attendant was new, or new to MSC, and her concerns were unwarranted, but for the (relatively) small amount of money involved in the service charge, I would not want to cause concern to a staff member over job security. They work too hard for that. Just my personal thoughts of course, others may feel differently :)