Port of Tampa - Channelside parking garage v any outside parking?

lucywestie

So we may be changing up our cruise in December and cruising from Tampa instead of Port Canaveral. So saying that I was checking out google maps plus an internet search and the search function here on CC for info on parking.

From checking online the Port of Tampa says they have both inside and outside parking. I'm going to assume the inside/covered parking is the Channelside parking garage that's opposite Terminal 3. But I can't seem to spot the outside parking. I know on the overhead google view there is a large area of parking full of vehicles outside terminal 3 but when I do a street view that appears to be just for the Florida Aquarium.

Am I missing something or is that Channelside garage the only parking?

The terminal parking garage across the street has both covered and uncovered parking....which you can choose either.

They also offer valet parking for an extra charge which is all uncovered (I believe), and located right outside the terminal entrance.

You can prepay for parking at Tampa. It is very convenient because you park, take the elevator down and walk across the street to the terminal.

Hope this helps.....Happy Sailing!!!

... They also offer valet parking for an extra charge which is all uncovered (I believe), and located right outside the terminal entrance. ...

This is true, the valet parking is uncovered and totally surrounded by chain link fence. Very convenient and quick.