Jewel Runaway Bay Beach Resort — Jamaica

SissasMomE

It's fairly new. Well, old resort bought out by Jewel. I beleive it used to be the Breezes Runaway Bay, but I could be wrong. Jewel is a decent middle of the road brand, so it should be fairly nice for a day pass.

We are going to go ahead and book it. I wasnted to book the adults only one, but I'm afraid they will ask DD for her ID. She won't be 18 until the week after our cruise ... so I guess we'll just stick with this one and deal with it.

• 1 month later...
I stayed at this resort for a week last summer. It has a great beach, three pools, decent food and a nice lobby bar and beach bar. Great pizza at the sit down pizza place by the lobby, and the jerk nachos at the grill are amazing.

Great - thank you!

We will be arriving in Falmouth in a couple weeks and this sounds great.

How did you go about booking this? Are you going there by taxi or did you book a transfer car?

I booked it through Resort For A Day dot com. They pick you up right at the pier, and also take you back after.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has anyone tried this? It's all inclusive for adults and families. They offer a day pass.

We just got back form FOS Westeren Carrib and went here for the day. It was very nice, clean. The beach had a lot of chairs and place in the shade. The swimming area is not that large, but it was not rocky and perfect for us. There are 2 pools, one had more activities going on and one was more quiet, but had plenty of chairs around them.

We docked in Falmouth so the drive was about 40 minutes.

We used resort for a day so our driver was Russell from Jamaica tours, he was awesome, made the drive seem like 10 minutes!! He was knowledgeable about Jamaica and he was EXACTLY ON TIME to pick us up to take us to the ship.

The food was good, there was several places to choose from. I would say it was worth the money. We were considering Rose Hall because of the waterslide but we didn't really need it. They are building a waterslide/park at this hotel soon I believe it said December?

Hope this helps. Any questions you can email me at macherenzia@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking of booking this resort for our cruise in November. Is $29 per person cheaper than the Rose Hall. Are young kids allowed here? It appears on their website it says 18 and older but on the resort for a day website you can book passes for children.

Edited by fozziscooter

Thinking of booking this resort for our cruise in November. Is $29 per person cheaper than the Rose Hall. Are young kids allowed here? It appears on their website it says 18 and older but on the resort for a day website you can book passes for children.

Jewel Runaway Bay is not adults only. You may be looking at something else.

Edited by allie3490

• 8 months later...

We are deciding whether to pick this place as a day trip. It seems costly and I have not seen many recent posts. There is a waterpark there now but I haven't heard whether us cruisers we have access to this for the price we are paying or it just for the patrons of the resort. Just wondering whether waterpark will cost me more money and overall how other cruisers enjoyed this port adventure. Any input will help us with our decision :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OUr family of five (2 40-something adults, DD10, DS10, DD7) went to this resort via Resort for A Day in April of this year and thought it was a good value for the money. The water park was a lot of fun and was included in the price. All food and drinks were included too. Also thought the beach was a really pretty setting. We had a really great day..spent some time at the water park, some at the resort pool, and some at the beach. Aside from the resort we had a very positive experience with Resort for a Day. They picked us up promptly, the bus was clean and comfortable, and our driver was extremely personable and knowledgable about Jamaica history which we found very interesting. I would recommend this excursion if someone was looking to do a resort day pass while in port at Falmouth.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Not sure if you already booked this, but we will be booking through Resort for a Day. It is $10 more per person than through the actual resort itself, however it also includes transportation which is worth it in my opinion!

Where do you find the info regarding the price from the resort itself? I don't see them on the website any where. I want to know about the kids price and ages.

Where do you find the info regarding the price from the resort itself? I don't see them on the website any where. I want to know about the kids price and ages.

Hopefully this link works for you:

https://www.jewelresorts.com/sites/default/files/jrb-116_package_flyer_v2_hr_new.compressed.pdf

Ages 3 - 14 $50

0 - 2 Free

14+ $90

What's included?

* Resort Daily Activities

* Pool & Beach Concierge

* Non- Motorized Water sports Activities

* Unlimited Premium Drinks

* Complimentary WI-FI throughout the property

* Volleyball and Basketball

* Tennis

* Fitness Centre

* Kids Club & Teen Centre

* Unlimited meals at 4 dining options - Coral Café, Court Jesters - Pizza, Moonstone Grill &

Blue Bayou

* 4 Bars

* 3 Epic Pools with Swim-up Bar and Pool Concierge Service

* 2 hot water Jacuzzis

* Access to Red Ruby Ranch- Games include: Archery, Laser Tag, Horseshoe Toss, Lasso & Swings

* Laser tag group games (closed toe shoes, shirts and shorts (knee high-men; mid-thigh with

sleeves are required for play)

* Full access to Jewel Lagoon waterpark

There is also an option to for golf to be included.

Hope this helps! When will you be visiting?!