Silversea Air

Capri73

We are looking at a SS cruise for next May The.Business class upgrade is $599 pp.We need to pay the deviation fee because we are going to stay in Europe before and after the cruise.They are telling my travel agent that the fare can be higher than what they have quoted.If this happens and we decline we loose our $300.Has anyone found that the actual ticket price was higher than the advertised fare? Thank you all in advance.

We are flying from Phoenix.

You say you "were looking" but you appear to have made a booking, and it isn't clear therefore what or who the $300 was for ie the agent or SS. However.

The special offer will include flights on departures that SS has negotiated options at special group rates with the airline. It is likely that the fare on your preferred date will be higher, and the deviation fee is simply an admin charge. It is perfectly reasonable to expect a higher fare. Your agent should have made the higher charge clear.

If however you made the request to your agent at the same time you paid the $300 then they should be able to return your cash.

If however the request was made subsequently and SS has not already billed your TA, then it should be possible for your TA to twist a friendly arm and ask for it to be cancelled. If it was after you paid the deposit and it has been billed, then it may be a bit more difficult to get your cash back.

Good luck.

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Sorry Jeff I was not clear..We are just getting some information.Our agent was told if we refuse the air because of the price we loose the $300.00 .No money has exchanged hands yet nor a solid booking.Agent was up front no issue with her.

I was really wondering if anyone had taken the air package with a deviation if the air was that much higher than the $599.I expect an increase but not sure how much.

Thanks so much