Jeremiah1212

Members
About Me

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Jeremiah1212's Achievements

1,000+ Club

1,000+ Club (7/20)

1. I'm not so sure that's true. I don't see much evidence of this on Celebrity, but it was definitely a thing when Icon first went on sale. In May 2023 Jason Liberty said this: https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2023/05/04/royal-caribbean-cruises-rcl-q1-2023-earnings-call/?source=stocklight&utm_source=stocklight&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article Question: Paul Golding -- Macquarie Group -- Analyst Thanks so much, and congrats on the quarter. Just one for me, longer-term question here. I know you are still building load factor. But as you think about Q1 and the strength and close-in bookings, does this change the way you think about wave and how you manage the booking curve and inventory as you go into the next wave cycle, the next booking cycle? And just in the context of what we had through the pandemic, which was a bit protracted booking curve. Thanks so much. Answer: Jason Liberty -- Chief Executive Officer Yes. Well, we actually, through the COVID period, had kind of shifted how we go to market with our inventory. We used to kind of put everything out there and all the suites would be sold basically right off the bat. And then you would kind of work your way down to the inside cabins. Well, now we hold back inventory and we release it, based off, of the much more sophisticated revenue management models that we have today. And so, all of that takes into account, you know, the demand environment we are seeing and that's why I think sometimes when we get into conversations around what percent booked are you? How does it relate to this period versus that period? What we are really focused on is optimizing yield. And so, there might be periods where, you know, quarter over quarter or year over year, we want to be in a stronger book position or less -- or lesser than what we were booked in a previous period because what we're focused on is maximizing yield, which, sometimes, you know, comes with us having more inventory to sell.
  2. That's the first cruise after the transatlantic. Not uncommon for there to be delays boarding since the ship has to be cleared differently. The terminal itself may open at 10/10:30 but that's not a given since this is a somewhat unique situation. Unless you are in Retreat there is nothing inside the terminal. I would stay at a hotel as late as possible and wait for the crowd to clear at the terminal.
  3. I've been traveling with something like this for years. It's way more convenient and easier to pack than a bulky plug in adapter or something with a huge extension cord. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/next-magnetic-3-in-1-7-5w-wireless-charging-pad-for-apple-watch-and-iphone-black/6511218.p?skuId=6511218
  4. Yes, they do exist, but there’s a cost involved. I do this for other types of travel, but not for cruises. For most, the commission earned from a cruise booking doesn’t justify spending so many hours of labor. The agencies that typically offer discounted group rates that people are mentioning are those with high booking volumes. They usually often don’t provide any personalized service after you book.
  5. I typically take an abundance of euros just because, but I rarely spend them. I took $700 recently and came home with $500. Everything goes on credit card unless it's a small amount like a random bottles of water, coffee or a snack that only costs a few euro. I usually know my cash costs ahead of time and for things like train tickets I find easiest to buy through the apps. Small denominations and coins are far more conveneint than larger bills. It's also handy to have a zipper coin wallet so you don't have stray coins floating all over the bottom of your bag. I never use one in the states but in Europe I use one all the time.
  6. Retreat aside as that really needs no explanation, I missed the overall newness of the ship, especially the bathroom in non-suite cabins. Our Equinox cabin was very worn. The Sunset Bar setup and afternoon drinks on the Magic Carpet which is one of my favorite spots. I missed the additional places to get coffee in the morning as Al Bacio is one of my least favorite places, missed Eden Cafe as an additional breakfast and lunch spot, the E class gym is arranged better, the larger pool deck, the abundance of additional outdoor seating compared to S class. I avoid the buffet but the E class setup and space is far superior to S class…I could go on. Celebrity really needs to pay attention to the condition of S class cabins. The public spaces are in much better condition, but the cabins need major attention soon. If someone was new to Celebrity and cruised E class then did a S class cabin in the condition of the one we had, I’m not sure they would find it acceptable.
  7. You can still choose either refundable or non-refundable for a Book Now.
  8. Book Later can only be used towards non-refundable rates. Once you select your cruise using the Book Later certificate you have to pay the penalty if you make any changes, regardless of the timeframe.
  9. There's often confusion about this, but Celebrity recently made it a bit more flexible. If you make an onboarding booking and choose a ship/sail date (Book Now) with a non-refundable deposit, you now have 60 days to make unlimited changes to your ship and sail dates without any penalty. Before, you would have had to pay a $100 per person fee for changes. Book Later still requires a NRD reservation and cannot be adjusted without fees.
  10. If you have an iPhone you can use the routes features in Apple Maps. You tap the attraction you want to see and it will map it out for you, with directions. Even better if you have an Apple Watch, you'll get maps on your wrist and don't need to look at your phone while you're walking. It works very very well in big European cities.
  11. You can, but you need to talk it through with a TA that knows the process. It's a free berth (or person) not a free cabin. The credit is applied toward the category which you had the highest number booked. If you have 3 balconies and 5 insides, the credit is based on the inside cabin price. You still pay tax, port fees, etc. for that person so the savings can be pretty insignificant at the end of the day. You're not necessarily guaranteed that free berth either.
  12. Is it necessary? No. Is it preference? absolutely. Recently coming off an S class ship in a regular veranda after having sailed almost exclusively Edge class in suites for the past several cruises over 2+ years, I don’t think we will be returning to S class ships. It doesn’t compare IMO.
  13. Aqua is easy. Nov 21, '25, 10 night Ascent. $5590 for All Included with $640 OBC. Celebrity wants $7019 with $0 OBC.

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.