KeepCalmBearOn

Members
About Me

• Interests
    Travel, great food, great wine, opera, theater in general, Disney and watching the grand kids grow.
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Princess, Windstar, Silversea CL, HAL, NCL, Cunard and Oceania.
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal, Baltic, Mediterranean, South America, Alaska & South Pacific.

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

KeepCalmBearOn's Achievements

3,000+ Club

3,000+ Club (3/15)

1. Lots of good suggestions so far. I like The George in the Olympic Hotel. It is a brasserie style restaurant and the Olympic is worth seeing. I also like Tulio for Italian, and even though some consider it touristy, I really like The Athenian in Pike Place Market. It is a great setting and I've never had a bad meal there.
  2. I believe he is referring to Nawiliwili, Kauai. There is overnight parking behind the ABC Store in the Anchor Cove Shopping Center. The parking is next to a public park. It can be hard to get if there is an event going on.
  3. PS I was "with you" on the Hawaii trip where we could not get off at Maui for hours because not enough workers showed up at the port to work security. It didn't matter much to me, our only plans were to go to Foodland Kaahumanu and buy some favorite groceries, which we did anyway.
  4. The Kuhio Grill is about 2 miles from the cruise port, 6 minutes by cab or Uber.
  5. If you can swing it, my favorite place in all the islands is Kuhio Grill in Hilo, Home of the 1 Pound LauLau. https://www.kuhiogrille.com/ My second favorite place is Young's Fish Market in Honolulu. https://www.youngsfishmarket.com/pdf/YoungsFishMarketmenu.pdf
  6. Little in San Francisco is "reasonably priced". What is your nightly budget for a room?
  7. Here, let me help you with the arithmetic. That means 1 state has 11.7% of the population and 49 other states contain on average 1.8% of the population. If you prefer median, the median state has 1.3% of the population. Hope this helps. 😁
  8. My memory for Nawiliwili is that you have to walk outside for an Uber, but the walk is very short. https://maps.app.goo.gl/AFPaW1Moekc3x2kG6
  9. Only? For 50 states, that is one state with 1 in every 9 residents of the U.S. in a single state. CA also contributes 14.7% of GDP to the U.S. economy. TX is the next closest at 9.2%.
  10. Where to stay is a function of budget. I prefer Union Square and the Embarcadero. The only reason I don't stay in Nob Hill's fine hotels usually is the walk up and down the hill.
  11. What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Ecclesiastes 1:9
  12. Can't WAIT for SB 479, the “Honest Politician Law”! SB 479, makes it illegal for politicians to make a promise they have no intention of keeping or to lie about or exaggerate an opponent’s policy proposals. The law is “intended to specifically prohibit politicians from lying, misleading, misstating or otherwise engage in unseemly conduct.”
  13. Agree with Princeton, there is no normal. I've been on 7 LA (or SF) Hawaii round trips and we have been evenly split between Aloha Tower and Pier 2B. I think NCL gets priority at the Aloha Tower.
  14. It is probably a 15 minute walk from 2B to the Aloha Tower.
  15. Thanks for the extensive TR and the amusing NJ spellings of Hawaiian place names 🙂