deck 8 on glory

earpiemom

Me too - will be on the Glory, Deck 8 Aft, on the June 10 sailing. Deck chairs & tables beside the Pizzeria are right above me. At least I won't have far to go for pizza!:)

Me too! We'll be on the Glory May 6th stateroom # 8422. What is yours? I'll let you know about noise when I return. I booked that stateroom because on close proximity to buffets & restaurant. My DH has a problem walking very far (heart condition). :( Hope you have a wonderful trip, I know we will! :)

Luv's Crusin'

Good morning,

In September 2005, I sailed the Glory and was on Deck 8. For the life of me, I can't remember the cabin # now, but it was fairly aft. It was a fantastic cabin, and the only noise I heard was late at night when crew were rolling chairs, tables, etc. aside or setting up for the next morning.

You will love it.

Karen

First let me say, I really like Deck 8, it's close to the pool, etc.

We have had cabins on Deck 8 twice. In 3/04 we had cabin #8312 and it was great. No noise, great location, etc.

However, in 6/05 we had cabin #8312 and listened to the scraping of chairs all night. It drove me nuts. So much so that on our cruise coming up this June, I made sure it wasn't over the outside table & chair area.

I'm not a complainer and didn't say anything on the trip, I just would prefer not to listen to the scraping on future cruises.

I have 8437 on June 10th which is directly below the chairs and tables beside the pizzeria. I've been aft on conquest class before and the location was very convenient to pools, sun and food!

Did I say I was close to the pizza? :)

my 2 cents are only worth a penny now with the rising price of gasoline!

Welp, I too will be eagerly awaiting a report on this! We chose our cabin on deck 8 for it's nearness to the food & coffee for hubby and to the pool for me! Yeah!! I can lay out by the pool and just be a short stairway from my own bathroom! I hate the bathrooms by the pool--they are always wet. Anyhow our cabin is right behind the middle elevators under the Tourquoise Bar, it does look like there are just a few tables there. We're pretty sound sleepers so maybe it won't bother us too much. We had an aft cabin on deck 8 on the Pride right under the pool--we never heard a thing--all the vibrating we felt in that cabin just rocked us right to sleep.

I just got off of the Glory 4/15's sailing, and we had a great time. I was on deck 9, along with aunt and uncle in next room, and parents were on deck 7. We did not hear anything. No one in the halls, no one on the balconies, no one above us, no one below us. It was really nice.

As for the movement, it did move alot, but this was my frist cruise, so I really don't have any experience to compare it to. But it didn't make any of us sick. I was worried too, because I get sick very easily (carosels & swingsets are my enemies! :o ) But didn't use the patch I brought, and only took Bonine once as a precaution. I would bring something just in case if you are worried. I also did not hear of anyone else getting sick.

OOHOH:confused: I am booked for room 8312 Glory on 9/16. I went to great lengths NOT to be below scraping chair after I read about them here on the boards. My PVP said no problem.

We booked Upper Deck 6 & received a 2 deck upgrade. I told her I really didn't care what deck, just not to high for the sea sick thing.

Did I make a mistake???? There is still pleanty of time to relocate.

I knew I should have stayed on Deck 6. The diagram looks like 8312 is below a stair well. I guess my PVP & I were both wrong.:eek:

Tell me about the rocking, which I realize we are in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and it is hurricane season:p But a cruise is a cruise. But the room, I do have some control over....please tell me more...

Archived