NCL credit card

Sootie

Hi dwrist,

I too have a NCL cc. I just haven't read the perks on it. I did use it for the upcoming Panama Canal cruise.. Was just wondering what you can use the points for? Any info will be appreciated. :)

500 points is equal to $500 off your next cruise. There are some lower amounts that you can use for cabin upgrades, but most of us agree that they really aren't worth it........so save the points until you have 500 and use it towards your next cruise. You can book with anyone and still use the $500 voucher, so find your best available price and pay the deposit and send in your vouchers with your final payment.:)

If you don't mind me asking - at what rate do you accumulate points? I read a post that said they only get 3% when charging a cruise on another line but 4% if charging on NCL? Did I read that right? Can you use the card at Target, for exmaple and get 3% of your total charge towards points for future sailings?

We have an expensive NCL cruise coming up and have only put down a deposit. It may be worth it to apply for the card to charge the balance.

Thanks!

I read a post that said they only get 3% when charging a cruise on another line but 4% if charging on NCL? Did I read that right? Can you use the card at Target, for exmaple and get 3% of your total charge towards points for future sailings?

Yes, we use ours as much as possible. Your figures are correct as far as the percents.

We have done best when cruising with others. We put their cruise on our card and they reimburse us. I have done this for family members and very close friends who I know are good for it.

I use my card for everything, and I do mean everything.

I pay as many monthly bills with it as I can, telephone, cable, food, gas, anything that will take a master card I use it. BUT the trick is if you do this you MUST pay off the balance every month.

I jsut got my card I in Oct and I think this months invoice I will $500 credit. Wooo Hooo. Can't beat that for doing nothing but the normal stuff.

Thanks for the responses. That is an excellent idea. I use my Chase card for purchases to accumulate points towards flights, but I never thought to use it to pay utilities, etc. And you are right - make sure you pay it off each month or those could get to be some very expensive utilities!

I guess I just call NCL to apply - does anyone know if they are having a promo now - like sign up before a certain date and get so many points? I know that United Airlines charge card offers something like that - 20,000 frequent flyer points to sign up - or something like that.

Thanks

Watch out for how you schedule your payment now. When you pay your BoA card online the due date is filled in automatically for you. If you want to pay earlier, you just manually change the date. If the due date fell on a weekend or holiday and you set up the payment in advance there was never a problem when MBNA ran it. I just noticed I was charge a finance fee because my payments were credited the day after the due date even though I used the date they put in. Just a bit sleazy on BoA's part I think.

Thanks for the responses. That is an excellent idea. I use my Chase card for purchases to accumulate points towards flights, but I never thought to use it to pay utilities, etc. And you are right - make sure you pay it off each month or those could get to be some very expensive utilities!

I guess I just call NCL to apply - does anyone know if they are having a promo now - like sign up before a certain date and get so many points? I know that United Airlines charge card offers something like that - 20,000 frequent flyer points to sign up - or something like that.

Thanks

You can apply on line, here's the link from the NCL website....there is also a phone number there if you prefer to apply by phone.

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=L66X&mc=A000001WGV%20

They are offering 25 bonus points with your first use of the card.

I received my card yesterday. But no points information was sent to me. I called the bank to activate the card but they did not have any literature that they can mail to me. Reading the forum I pretty much know how the point system works, but is there anybody who knows if I will receive the information later? Maybe there is a website with full information on it.

I received my card yesterday. But no points information was sent to me. I called the bank to activate the card but they did not have any literature that they can mail to me. Reading the forum I pretty much know how the point system works, but is there anybody who knows if I will receive the information later? Maybe there is a website with full information on it.

This page seems to cover the details of the program:

https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=L66X&mc=A000001WGV%20

For those of you that charge more than a thousand dollars a month I would suggest that you get two cards. We have one in my name and one in my wife's name due to the 1000 points a year rule. We charge many business expenses to our cards and are able to cruise almost free of charge in a very nice balcony cabin or better every year. Maybe that's why we are such avid NCL fans.:)

For those of you that charge more than a thousand dollars a month I would suggest that you get two cards. We have one in my name and one in my wife's name due to the 1000 points a year rule.

Charging $1000 per month would only accumulate 30-40 points, far away from the 250 per month or 1000 per year you are allowed. While many have a 2nd (or more cards) it really isn't necessary on that level of charges. That said, there really isn't a down side to having a 2nd card (other than having to pay extra attention to when miles might expire)

jmo

-Monte

Charging $1000 per month would only accumulate 30-40 points, far away from the 250 per month or 1000 per year you are allowed.

Thanks for posting that. I just applied for the card yesterday and I was wondering if there was a limit on the points you could acculumalte per year. I'm happy to see that 1000 points per year is the limit. That is fine with me. :D

How long do you have until the points expire?

Thanks for posting that. I just applied for the card yesterday and I was wondering if there was a limit on the points you could acculumalte per year. I'm happy to see that 1000 points per year is the limit. That is fine with me. :D

How long do you have until the points expire?

I believe you start loosing the points if you don't use them within 3 years. Once you order a voucher I believe you have 1 year to cruise, or 1 year to redeem.

• 1 year later...

I am just wondering about points.......we use American Airlines Citibank and always get several trips a year through my husband's business charges and our personal so when I looked on RC and found that you have to charge $250,000 just to get one free cruise.....am confused? Just seems kind of high...

I am confused on the points. We use American airlines citibank and get several tickets a year. But when I looked at RC website, I understood that you have to charge $250,000 a year to even get a free cruise! Is this right?

There is a 15 page FAQ thread on the NCL Credit Card in the sticky section at the top of the NCL boards.

You will find out most anything you need to know about the program in that thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=588120

I am confused on the points. We use American airlines citibank and get several tickets a year. But when I looked at RC website, I understood that you have to charge $250,000 a year to even get a free cruise! Is this right?

I am just wondering about points.......we use American Airlines Citibank and always get several trips a year through my husband's business charges and our personal so when I looked on RC and found that you have to charge $250,000 just to get one free cruise.....am confused? Just seems kind of high...

Most of us, on the NCL boards, have the NCL card. I'm not sure how many RC points you need to redeem for a free cruise. I do know that I just redeemed 1500 points and got $1500 worth of NCL vouchers. Now, just need to wait for them to be applied to my $1538 cruise balance. Thus, pretty close to a free cruise.

We have been on 4 NCL cruises and each time we have asked about a NCL credit card only to be told that it can only be applied for by people with a USA address. When I contacted NCL in the UK I was told that it was because it is through an American bank. This seems crazy as most cards can be used world wide.

Archived