CocoCay -- how often do they make it?

Has anyone tried to figure out what RCCL's percentage is at stopping at CocoCay? It seems like there are a lot of trips where it gets skipped, but it's hard to tell what the chances are without a list.

It's 3 for 3 for me. Seas were rough on the way there last time so I assumed we'd be canceled. We weren't. Then our captain sped us out of there fast before the rough seas caught up with us again. We got to Nassau 7 hours early - so we were allowed off the ship at midnight in Nassau.

I've been lucky. But my only cruise to the Labadee port was canceled.

We are 2 for 3 but the reason we missed it the one time was a hurricane and we diverted to Cozumel and missed CoCo Cay and Nassau and Key West. But it was well worth it as we had sun for 3 beautiful days.

You can tell your chances before the cruise by checking the prevaling winds at Nassau, if its blowing hard from the West, North, or South you won't stop. Winds need an easternly componet.

When we checked in for our cruise on the Mariner on 2/18, we were told that because of bad weather we would stop at San Juan instead, so we have never been to Coco Cay. We went to Labadee in 2002 and I did not think it was all that great. I was not disappointed to miss Coco Cay and we had a great time on our first visit to Old San Juan.

Isn't that one of the great things about cruising, that you sometimes can just avoid bad weater? Last summer on the Explorer we skipped San Juan because of tropical storm Chris and went to Nassau instead. We did not get off the ship in Nassau but we had perfect weather!

I've added up everything so far. The one response that was "50/50" I took for 1 out of 2.

Out of 36 scheduled trips, Coco Cay was visited 28 times.

That's a success percentage of 78% - a lot higher that I thought.

Keep submitting!

Archived