Concierge club/lounge - what is it?

I posted this on another thread, but later thought that I might get more responses if I start it as a new thread - so here goes.

I am new to RCI, and my family are booked in an OS for our cruise on the Mariner next summer. I understand that because we booked an OS we will have use of the concierge lounge.

Can some of you please explain what amenities are available through the concierge lounge and why it is such a good perk to have? Do the services available through the concierge differ depending on why you have access to is? Meaning does a platinum member have more/less perks available to them through the concierge than someone on their 1st RCI cruise that is in an OS cabin? I just want to make sure I understand the whole concierge role and what services they will offer.

Thanks for your help!

The concierge club is a private lounge and access to it is restricted to those who have booked suites (junior suites do not count) or are Diamond or Diamond Plus Crown and Anchor members. The lounge provides continental breakfast in the morning and complimentary cocktails and hors d'ouevres from about 5:30 pm until 8:30 pm. The concierge can assist you in getting reservations to the alternative restaurants, tickets to the Ice Show on Voyager class ships, priority tender tickets, and priority debarkation luggage tags if you need them. He or she is also available to help you in other ways, just as a concierge at a hotel would do. DVDs are also available for loan if your suite has a DVD player. The concierge lounge has a cappucino machine, RCI online internet connections, and a pleasant and quiet retreat. Freedom of the Seas has separate lounges for Diamond members and for suite guests. Voyager and Freedom concierge lounges are large and comfortably furnished interior rooms. The Diamond club on Freedom and the concierge lounge on Radiance class ships and those Vision class to which they have been added, are equally comfortable rooms with glorious views of the ocean.

The lounges are a very nice benefit both for those who book suites and for those loyal passengers who have at least 10 previous cruises on RCI. Past passengers on Celebrity who have qualified for its highest level of Captain's Club membership, receive the benefits of RCI's diamond level membership.

On occasion there are so many diamond and diamond plus members on a particular sailing that the line opens a satellite lounge, usually on the top level of the ship near the Viking Crown lounge.

Enjoy your OS and enjoy the concierge lounge.:)

Archived