Godmother of the Crown

crusdiva

Wow -- while its debatable whether Stewart deserved the punishment she got -- I'd say it does seem a remarkably poor move for Princess to select someone with this kind of controversy.

(and as a passenger on the 6/14 voyage, I sure hope her limos don't block our way to the port! ;-)

Pete

Oh, Brian I missed you.

Thanks also for the great review of your Regal cruise. I just have one thing to say...1115 DAYS at sea???!!!! :eek:

Thanks – yeah – 1115 days…if only that could be me!!

While I don’t think Martha Stewart the best choice for godmother – what has she really done? – I do think that she was made a scapegoat and served the punishment that was put upon her with dignity - so I don't think she should be discounted because of her past. Doing that to anyone sets a very bad precidence for society.

And once the ship has been at sea for a month, no one will remember who the godmother is anyway. If nothing, the choice will drum up publicity.

Dena -

You understand perfectly well. Martha sold the stock. Then she went to jail. I don't care if she served her time with dignity or not; she should not be named godmother, imho. Too often, people (especially celebrities) are too easily "excused".

Wow -- while its debatable whether Stewart deserved the punishment she got -- I'd say it does seem a remarkably poor move for Princess to select someone with this kind of controversy.

(and as a passenger on the 6/14 voyage, I sure hope her limos don't block our way to the port! ;-)

Pete

I agree -- she is controversial and I think Princess could have made a better choice.

Am I now being controversial!?! :eek: :eek:

Jamie

Dena -

You understand perfectly well. Martha sold the stock. Then she went to jail. I don't care if she served her time with dignity or not; she should not be named godmother, imho. Too often, people (especially celebrities) are too easily "excused".

So are you implying that anyone who has had legal issues and who has satisfactorily resolved those issues, should not be “excused?” No one can be rehabilitated and no one should be forgiven after serving whatever society deems due? What good is a sentencing process then? Everyone is marked no matter what retribution they pay?

Wow – pretty severe if that’s the case. And if you read the Princess press release, Ms. Stewart has many accomplishments to her name - I think it admirable that the cruise line can see what she's accomplished without being distracted by her alleged indiscretion.

All that being said, I would have picked someone else. Why does Rosie O'Donnell come to mind?

So are you implying that anyone who has had legal issues and who has satisfactorily resolved those issues, should not be “excused?” No one can be rehabilitated and no one should be forgiven after serving whatever society deems due? What good is a sentencing process then? Everyone is marked no matter what retribution they pay?

Wow – pretty severe if that’s the case.

I agree with this statement 100%.

I can't believe Princess's choice. The thing with Martha is that yes, she served her time but she's still believing that she has done nothing wrong! When she was sentenced, she even issued a statement saying so and if I'm not mistaken, she pleaded not guilty so, that's not really atoning for one's bad action to me.

I don't know who's running their PR operation but he/she should be fired. Don't tell me that in the whole of New York City, there isn't anyone more desserving and less controversial than this woman.

Archived