Driver for Naples??

Hello everyone,

Thought it was too good to be true. Just when I thought I had Francesca lined up for a day tour, someone else got in about an hour before me.:mad:

Can anyone recommend another company or driver??

Thanks in advance.

Jane

Hi,

I just booked Francesco Marrapese from francescomarapese.com !!

I have trolled these pages and thought that he was the most perfect fit. He e-mailed me back right away and we brokered a deal.

I can hardly wait for Oct !!!!!

:cool:

We too have booked for Francesco in Oct (13). Can't wait.

you will love Francesco. He is funny, wonderful, keeps you on time, very informative. Our family voted our day with him was one of the best on our trip.

It is best to do Pompeii last because of the traffic.

tell him the lady and step mother who wanted the Oleander leaves says hi.

it is an inside joke, he can explain it.

the place he took us for lunch in Ravello was like stepping into a postcard!

we also went to a shop across from the Emerald Grotto and I collect masks.

found the ones i was looking for right there!

Absolutely terrific day. You will be very please with Francesco.! :)

We booked a private tour for Pompeii, Sorrento & Positano through limoinrome.com. Claudio was booked, but arranged for Carlo, who was great. (He was also our driver the day before in Rome.) Very much a gentleman, knowledgeable & even had some great time-savers so we waited on no lines! I highly recommend him!

Hi can anyone tell me about how much we should expect to pay for a driver? We actually wanted to stop at Pompeii and then onto Sorrento and then back to the ship. Slightly worried about the traffic???

someone on this threads is the one that request me to have a cheap price in change of a good critic. Of course she/he says the driver was fantastic, have a look at the threads: do you really believe all the critics are true? :eek:

We just returned from the Galaxy on 7/25. We shared a private tour of Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast with another family. Our driver/guide was Salvatore from driveamalfi. We had a great day, covered a great deal of ground and arrived back in Naples in time to swing through and see a bit of the city. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Incidently, Salvatore also arranged a great guide at Pompeii.

We have booked several private tours for 2 and sharing other tours with others from our roll call. If you get a group to share tours it is cost effective. The tours our averaging around 600 euros either for 2 or up to 8. I know we won't be back to Europe for sometime, so we want to make the most of our trip, plus this is our 25th anniversary Cruise. I did notice in Athens, that private taxi tours cost a lot less, about half as much.

I here that Marcello is the best! He is with seesorrento.com I don't know if it is too late to book him, but last year when we went on the Brilliance, he was already booked with some others we met on board. They had a great time. He was the highlight of their day in Naples. The went to a great family restaurant up in the hills. We have booked him for next September when we go back. Even then, he had already had some inquiries for the same cruise. He books up quick! I think the private tours are the best way to go if you can get at least one other couple to share it. That is what we are hoping to do next year.

Steph :)

Archived