Need Music Ideas for Alaska Slideshow

alasbound

I am putting together a slideshow of photos/videos from my Alaskan cruise. I need ideas for music. Of course, North to Alaska, comes to mind - if I can find it. And I'm also thinking of I'm the Happiest Girl in the Whole USA, by Donna Fargo.

Any other suggestions - willing to pay small price, for songs/music that are available. Suggestions of where to find the songs would be appreciated also.

I have alot of photos of Brown Bear, Whales, Glaciers, Planes, Ship, Train, Lumberjack, ports, mountains... & such.

Thanks for the help. I have Windows Movie Maker.

I am putting together a slideshow of photos/videos from my Alaskan cruise. I need ideas for music. Of course, North to Alaska, comes to mind - if I can find it. And I'm also thinking of I'm the Happiest Girl in the Whole USA, by Donna Fargo.

Any other suggestions - willing to pay small price, for songs/music that are available. Suggestions of where to find the songs would be appreciated also.

I have alot of photos of Brown Bear, Whales, Glaciers, Planes, Ship, Train, Lumberjack, ports, mountains... & such.

Maybe something patriotic, like "America the Beautiful" to go with the photos of the glaciers, mountains, etc.? Try iTunes for your music source.

you could do the corny going to alaska. If you are looking for background stuff go to freeplaymusic.com it is copyright free I am a teacher and that is where I direct kids.

I sometimes put just clips of songs i like that have just the instrumental like stings desert rose.

Pachelbel's Canon is frequently used here as background music for scenic shots. Our PBS station used to (maybe still does) sign off with a slide show of Alaskan scenery with that playing, and it became very popular. The music just seems to fit.

Take a look at this from the Dockside Gallery in Ketchikan. The classical music really is nice with it. Wish I knew what song it was, though.

http://alaskanart.net/Misty-Tour.html

Take a look at this from the Dockside Gallery in Ketchikan. The classical music really is nice with it. Wish I knew what song it was, though.

http://alaskanart.net/Misty-Tour.html

That is a guitar version of Pachelbel's Canon. Here is a piano version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFBm0V1oLk

The original is written for strings.

That is a guitar version of Pachelbel's Canon. Here is a piano version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFBm0V1oLk

The original is written for strings.

Pachabel's Canon is also nice but I found out this is actually Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" played by Leo Kottke. Thanks to Terry Pyles of Dockside Gallery in Ketchikan for the info!

Pachabel's Canon is also nice but I found out this is actually Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" played by Leo Kottke. Thanks to Terry Pyles of Dockside Gallery in Ketchikan for the info!

You are so right...once again, I have to remember not to post ANYTHING before my second cup of coffee or after my second beer or wine!:o

About Springtime in Alaska?

-------------------------------

Springtime in Alaska

Tillman Franks & Johnny Horton

I mushed from Point Barrow thru a bizzard of snow

Been out prospectin' for two years or so

Pulled into Fairbanks the city was a boom

So I took a little stroll to the Reddog Saloon.

As I walked in the door the music was clear

The purtiest voice I had heard in two years

The song she was singin' made a man's blood run cold

When It's Springtime In Alaska, it's forty below.

(When It's Springtime In Alaska, it's forty below.)

It was Red-headed Lil who was singin' so sweet

I reached down and took the snowpacks off my feet

I reached for the gal who was singin' the tune

We did the Eskimo Hop all around the saloon.

With a Caribou Crawl and the Grizzly Bear Hug

We did our dance on a Kodiak rug

The song she kept singin' made a man's blood run cold

When It's Springtime In Alaska, it's forty below.

I was as innocent as I could be

I didn't know Lil was big Ed's wife to be

He took out his knife and he gave it a throw

When It's Springtime In Alaska, I'll be six feet below.

TAG: (When It's Springtime In Alaska, he'll be six feet below.)

Recorded by Johnny Horton

Archived