Black Pearl Skate Park?

PirateGal

Hi everyone,

We are cruising in February and the whole reason for this cruise is so my hubby can go to the Black Pearl Skate Park. Just wondering if anyone has gone and how far away from the pier it is? RCI does offer a shore excursion to Black Pearl but hubby feels he can do it for much, much cheaper on his own. RCI charges $90pp but entrance to the park is only $20pp as long as it doesn't cost $70 in cab fare, he is laughing.

Second question, what the heck can I do while he's at Black Pearl? Is there anything in the area that would keep me occupied for at least 4-6 hours? I know they have a waterpark but I'll pass on that. Is there a nearby beach? I would love to check out Rum Point but am wary about going it on my own.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry I cant answer your question just yet but we will be there the end of October. My 2 kids are avid skateboarders and I am hoping to get them some really cool shirts, stickers etc.

We are taking a cab there so will take note of the price if no one else answers between now and then.

I'm trying to figure out where Black Pearl Skate Park is located. I watched an episode on GC the other day, and they showed kids surfing on the man-made (stay in one place type thing) surf area. We were there this past January, and my kids would have loved to do something like this, but I really had no idea they had anything like this.

I do recall seeing a skateboard area...but I don't know if this is near BP or not. If this is the place, it's not far from the port area. We got lost and we went around to the back of this shopping complex (it was where the Hurley's grocery is located). I seem to remember the buildings being yellow...but I am not sure about this. I do remember it was near one of the big roundabouts. We were heading toward Rum Point, and got off on the wrong road.

We're going back this winter and I'd love to have more info on this place. :)

I just did a google search and found this. I believe this is where we were. I do remember seeing the skateboard park, but had no clue there was a water park there. It seems like it was about a 5 minute drive out of George Town, but my brain is a little fuzzy. I do know that it didn't take long to get there (but we were lost and not looking for this place).

http://www.blackpearl.ky/info.php

• 1 month later...

There is just a surf/wave machine. I can't wait to hear about the skate park, we are going in Feb. 2007 on Freedom of the Seas which also has the wave machine (flow-riders they are call) Black Pearls is bigger I believe.

We were going by cab also, I have been told it's about 15min out of town. Not sure what that means from port but let us know.

Tammy

Archived