New! Get your OFFICIAL Meet & Mingle Door Sign Here!

LauraS

• Administrators

Brand new, hot off the press -- for your next cruise.....

Download Meet & Mingle Door Sign Here!

(You'll need Adobe Acrobat to download file).

Enjoy!

Laura

Laura Sterling

Community Manager

Up4travel@aol.com

Cruise Critic

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Thanks....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nordic Empress - 2/2001, Nordic Empress - 12/2001, Nordic Empress - 2/2002, Nordic Empress - 4/2002, Adventure of the Seas - 11/2002, Serenade of the Seas - 11/2003

What Next?

Adventure of the Seas Again 10/17/04...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;10;17;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Empress of the Seas 11/15/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;11;15;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Tha'ts wonderful... I go to use for my cabin... thanks a lot...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nordic Empress - 2/2001, Nordic Empress - 12/2001, Nordic Empress - 2/2002, Nordic Empress - 4/2002, Adventure of the Seas - 11/2002, Serenade of the Seas - 11/2003

What Next?

Adventure of the Seas Again 10/17/04...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;10;17;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Empress of the Seas 11/15/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;11;15;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

That is great! Thanks! Does anyone know how we can type our screen names on them?

RCL~Navigator 8/2003, Majesty 7/2003, Radiance 4/2003, Monarch 8/2002, Nordic Empress 8/2001

Celebrity~Century 7/2001 & 7/1998, Horizon 7/1991

Future Cruises:

Legend of the Seas 5/7/2004

Enchantment of the Seas 8/30/2004

Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;7;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Till Hawaii on the Legend of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till Belize on the Enchantment of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till the Panama Canal on Brilliance of the Seas!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>That is great! Thanks! Does anyone know how we can type our screen names on them?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. The actual answer: You'd need to buy Adobe Acrobat to do this. This is the way Adobe makes their money... They have a good format for portable documents (Portable Document Format), and they distribute the reader for free. But the program to generate (or modify) .pdf files is rather on the expensive side.

or 2. The substitute answer: Print out the sign. Open Microsoft Word or any other word processing program, put it into full screen mode, and make a guess as to where on the page and how big you want your name to appear on the sign. Then run the paper through the printer a second time, printing the document with just your name in the right place. It might take a couple of tries to get the name in the right place. If Laura were game to give this a try, she might even consider posting a Word document with a dummy name in it, that could easily be downloaded for this purpose!

Hint: For your trial and error, just hold up both pages to a bright light to see where the name lines up. This will keep you from having to print more than one copy of the nice sign.

There's usually more than one way to skin a cat... pardon the cliche... icon_smile.gif

Theron

click to e-mail me

Explorer of the Seas 9/27/03 Western

Celebrity Century 9/28/02 Eastern (Thanks to Lili)

Cruise Tip Calculator - Calculate the amount and type of bills you need to stuff your tipping envelopes:

http://members.aol.com/CruiseTip/

Well, I seem to be a sucker for something the least bit geeky... icon_smile.gif You can download this rtf file which should open up into Microsoft Word just fine. There is a text box in the right place (at least for my printer) with a dummy screen name that you can change to yours.

Laura, please feel free to take this file and move it to the cruisecritic web space if you like.

You may be able to open it with a direct click, or if not, then try right clicking on the link and doing a "Save As" to your local hard drive.

Cruise Critic Sign Name

If the position is wrong on your printer, click near the name so you can see the borders of the text box, then right-click on the border and edit the properties. There should be a "Position" tab which you can adjust to tweak the final location. Hopefully it will work fine for most if not everyone, just as it is.

Theron

click to e-mail me

Cruise Tip Calculator - Calculate the amount and type of bills you need to stuff your tipping envelopes:

on the 6.0 version there is also a button to "snapshot" part or all of the document - it copies the selection and you can stick it into publisher or word and make a text box with your name in the right spot before you print the file.

• 3 weeks later...

Great door signs our CC group had them but the cabin attendants took them off the doors stating they are a fire hazard and all hallways need to be free and clear of flamable materials.

Just an fyi

• 2 weeks later...

Laura:

Thanks! I just printed out the door sign. Lokks great!

Theron:

Thanks also! Your trick to run the sign through MS Word worked 100%. Lined up exactly!

LittleBit:

You know your probably right, but since I upgraded to Version 6.0 I really have trouble finding editing tools now. (I liked the old verion better icon_frown.gif

out2sea:

What party-poopers, eh?

Well, I'm going to put the sign up anyway, and if they tear it down, I'll ...just...just...put up my spare !!!! icon_razz.gif

Grandeur of the Seas

05-31-04

I'm not certain, but I believe you can buy a standard sized pack of sheet magnet paper at an office supply store. If you printed it on one of those, they would be hard pressed to justify taking it down, as I've seen several different magnetic signs on doors, indicating things like "oxygen prsent" or other similar things.

May be a little more expensive, but might be worth a try. Or... yeah, you could just print out 7 of them... one for each day! icon_rolleyes.gif

Theron

click to e-mail me

• 2 weeks later...

The door sign is great. Thanks for the great idea.

Kris

Check Out My Splendour, Voyager, Radiance and Brilliance Pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/fjpeppy

Disney Wonder 01/00

Disney Magic 02/01

Sovereign of the Seas 11/25/01

Explorer of the Seas 02/02/02

Grandeur of the Seas 11/09/02

Voyager of the Seas 02/02/03

Splendour of the Seas 04/18/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/09/03

Brilliance of the Seas 03/08/04