Tours available in the port ATOA

Iceman-007

What tours can I take right from the port that I can book right when I get off the ship, to be more clear ones that don't require an advance reservation that preferably are part of ATOA.

I would like a tour that goes to the beach and sees the some other things like the California light house, the natural pool and a cactus.

There is an office for ABC Tours right outside the pier area- we booked our trips with them the same morning we got there, but there were no major cruise ships at the dock, so business may have been slower then. we used them for several trips, including a half day jeep island tour which included cactus fences (picture 1) the Natural Pool, (pic.2) snorkeling at the Natural pool (#3), driving to the highest point on the island, seeing some ruins, and stopping at the natural bridge. Our guide was Gabriel- he grew up on Aruba, went to college in Holland and came back to Aruba. he was great with the Islands history etc. Well worth it. we did not take an organized trip to the beach, but we heard you can easily use the bus system, and the terminal is right across the street from the cruise pier.

Sue

1326334606_PolynesiaABCIslands082607061.jpg.ae71eb81598a0ace475346f0106935d8.jpg

401085961_PolynesiaABCIslands082607072.jpg.d26f16bd8a00cff37d7659d55ce954b7.jpg

176221078_PolynesiaABCIslands082607075.jpg.7ee5ed4d851ddf2787970e067d56daa9.jpg

I just returned from a cruise to Aruba and booked online with ATOA before departing. I would NOT book again through ATOA for the following reasons:

1. Ended up with a tour company different from the one I booked with on the ATOA website

2. Received a different tour than the one promised on the ATOA website

3. Did not receive the amenities promised (snorkling equipment, snacks, visit to beach-- instead we went to the natural pool, which definitely is not a beach)

4. Paid considerably more for the tour than what was published on the ATOA website

5. Got back to the ship 1.5 hours late....good thing the ship didn't leave until 11pm that night......

I also booked several ship tours this cruise and all were excellent, were what was promised, and got us back to the ship on time. With independent tours (at least on this cruise), it was very much hit or miss......

Archived