Celebrity Eclipse TA October 27, 2012

Divnesq

I will be traveling with my spouse Suzie and we are hoping there are other FOD cruising with us. It will be our first TA cruise and we very excited and hope to meet new friends on board.

Barbara

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, it is very nice to get a response. I hope we will have others respond. I saw that you also posted on on the general roll call thread as well. It is getting very large, but there is a lot of good information on it.

This will be our first transatlantic cruise as well. We have been on several cruises with Celebrity, and it is our absolute favorite cruise line.

What is your seating for dinner? We are on select dining. Perhaps we can meet up drinks and/or dinner one night.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Barbara

hello barbara,

Nice to hear from you. We are excited to go with X. We expect a nice experience and we have heard that there are always lots of lgbt on board. Ofcourse we like to meet up. We will be for sure at the fod. Where are you from? we are dutch but living in the south of SPAIN 42 years old. I think our dinner time is the late seating. Maybey better to change that into flexible? What do you think? Kind regards from sunny spain. Jeff and peter

Hi Jeff & Peter,

This will be my 4th Celebrity Cruise. Celebrity is by far my favorite cruise line. This will be my longest cruise to date, so I am very happy that it is on Celebrity.

As far as Select seating goes, we usually opt for it because we are not locked into a set time and it gives us more flexibility to plan our days. The only downfall, however, is that we have found that we are usually seated at an individual table, so you don't get an opportunity to meet new people. I think you can request a larger table though, we just didn't do it on our last cruise because the couple we were traveling preferred to sit alone, which won't be the case this cruise.

We are both from Southern California, and live in a suburb about 50 miles east of Los Angeles. I am 49 and Suzie is 44, I will be 50 at the time of the cruise, actually the cruise is somewhat of a birthday present to myself.

When are you arriving in England? We will be arriving on the 24th and staying in Southampton, we plan on doing a couple of day trips sightseeing from there.

We look forward to meeting you both.

Take Care,

Barbara

Hi Barbara and Suzie,

Thnx for the information about select seating. We will probably make a change in our dinner preferences. Jeff Is also having his birthday during the cruise. He will be 43 on the 7th of November. I think you have to throw a liitle party together for the rest of the ship;)

We will be arriving the afternoon of the 26th in Southampton. Because we have to work till the day before. We have a beach bar/rest with gay beach in Torremolinos. The busy season goes more or les till the end of oct. So we will have no time to arrive a few days earlier. We will use the cruise to relax after a very long and busy season. We will be the two old exhausted people onboard:D.

Maybe we can meet up the evening before. Which hotel do you stay? We stay at the IBIS. Otherwise we will see each other at the ship ofcourse.

kind regards,

Peter

We haven't made the reservation yet, but it looks like it will be the Mercure Southampton Dolphin. We originally were thinking about the Holiday Inn Express as it was a little less expensive and included breakfast. But we thought that we could stay at a Holiday Inn Express anytime, and it would be nice to stay in a historic place that is in walking distance to pubs and other places of interest.

If we can arrange, it would be great to get together for a drink the night before the cruise. We are thinking we will be doing a day trip to Salisbury and Stonehenge that day, and should be back by late afternoon.

It sounds like you guys will be in need for some relaxation by the time the October rolls around. I am sure you will have some great stories to share.

Take Care, and Talk to you soon,

Barbara

• 2 weeks later...

We def. Have a talk before we leave. We will be in something cheap i think. Probably we are going to the isle of white. People say it,s great. We will be in touch to arrangea predrink. Have a great summer. Kind regards peter

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking forward to meeting you both. I know you will be extremely busy from now until the cruise, so I will be in contact with you as we get closer to see if we can arrange that pre-cruise drink. However, I will post from time to time, just to keep this thread toward the front of board and hopefully there will be more to join us.

Take Care and best wishes for a wonderful and prosperous summer.

Barbara

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome on the cruise. dont worry we are even younger. Jeff 42 i will be 43 by then. My weather forecast is sun. Sun and more sun:))))).

I will also be traveling with my partner I am going to be 50 and he is 27. We are from Los Angeles and this will be our First Transatlantic cruise. I am sure we will all be able to meet up!

Welcome Kinderwildcat & TominLA, it is great to hear from more people. If you are not aware, there is a very comprehensive roll call for this cruise on the general roll call boards. It has a lot of great information if anyone is interested.

As far as age goes, it sounds like we are all fairly close. I will be 50 by the time of the cruise, and I am actually taking the cruise for my 50th birthday. My spouse Suzie, is 44.

We are flying into Heathrow on the 24th, and will probably go directly to Southampton and stay at the Mercure Dolphin.

Tom, what part of LA are you from? Suzie and I live in Alta Loma/Rancho Cucamonga.

Regards,

Barbara

Barbara,

great to meet you! I am turning 50 as well and my Partner Ronald has booked this trip as part of my Happy Birthday celebration! He is 27 turning 28 by the end of the cruise himself. :) We live in Downtown LA. We are also flying to LHR on the 24th (from LAX via American.) Have not yet booked our hotel but usually stay in Marriott properties just need to figure out which. Its our First time to London so we will want to sight see there :)

Tom,

How cool you live in downtown L.A., I have lived in Southern California my entire life and I have never met anyone who lives in downtown. I am in downtown on a regular basis for my work, and over the years I have noticed a huge increase in some really nice residential buildings. I imagine it must be really convenient commute wise if you work in the area.

This will be our first time to England as well. We are actually flying out of LAX in the afternoon of the 23rd and arriving the morning of the 24th, on British Airways. We are still debating whether or not to stay the first night in London and then go to Southampton the following afternoon/evening, or going directly to Southampton and doing a day trip to London via the train. We definately want to see the sights of London, but also want to go to Salisbury/Bath/Stonehenge, and see Southampton. We are going to get a three-day train pass and plan on using the train as our primary source of transportation. It appears that Southampton is about a 90 minute or so train ride from central London, and is about a 45 minute train ride to Salisbury from Southampton.

Not sure yet where we will stay in London, I am looking for a hotel which will be an easy trek to the train stations we will utilize. We definately want to stay at the Mercure in Southampton because of it's location and the historical aspect.

I have found a lot of great information from this website, I thought you might like to take a look as well.

http://londontoolkit.com/

We are looking forward to meeting you and Ronald.

Take Care,

Barbara

Great to see that there is suddenly some activity on our roll. Will be great to meet you all on the boat, or maybe even the night before the cruise, for a pre-drink in Southampton.

Like to pass some information that was given to me about Stonehenge. I asked lots of British people if it,s worth going. They all told me it is a dissapointment and not much to see.

I know from experience that London is great!

Hope this information was of any help.

Wish you all the best see you in 2.5 months:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have just booked this cruise with a girlfriend. I am celebrating a divorce and my girlfriend's husband doesn't love to travel. I am 47 and she is 50, so looks like there are a fair number of us in this age group on board. Looking forward to meeting you all. My name is Fern and she is Mary. We are flying in from Baltimore. We will be spending the night in Windsor.

• 1 month later...

Good evening all. So glad I found this thread, how fun.

My partner and I will be joining you on the TA on the 27th. Looking forward to it. We've cruised a few times before but this is our first TA. It's nice to see that there will be a good group to meet onboard.

We're travelling from MI and will arrive on departure day. We've been to London many times so we were just interested in the cruise. It will be here before we know it. See you soon.

Good evening all. So glad I found this thread, how fun.

My partner and I will be joining you on the TA on the 27th. Looking forward to it. We've cruised a few times before but this is our first TA. It's nice to see that there will be a good group to meet onboard.

We're travelling from MI and will arrive on departure day. We've been to London many times so we were just interested in the cruise. It will be here before we know it. See you soon.

Welcome on board! Only 23 more days.

Hi to all,

My bf and I will be on the TA and are looking forward to a much needed vacation. We arrive in London a few days before for a little sightseeing as I have never been.

This is our second TA on Celebrity.

William

Great! There will be quite a few fod,s on the ship. A group of twelve guys contacted me the other day through another site. Am sure we will have a great cruise.

peter

Great! There will be quite a few fod,s on the ship. A group of twelve guys contacted me the other day through another site. Am sure we will have a great cruise.

peter

Thanks Peter,

Anyone meeting up the night before in Southampton for a drink? If so, let me know and we would be interested in meeting.

William

Archived