Dolphin aft cabin 735 on Golden pictures?

cruzendude

Does anyone have pics of aft cabin D735 on Golden Princess? I have checked the "sticky" thread on aft cabins and it seems to have pics of every ship except Golden and a search didn't help either....The pics in the sticky of other ships didn't help either as the aft configuration on Golden is different than CB and others....what I am looking for is to see if there is in fact a beam running through my balony..the only small picture I have seen made it look as though there is not a beam but the picture was very small and fuzzy.....

cruzendude,

We have been in D735 and D736 on the Golden. I don't remember a beam in either room. I've gone thru my pics and I can't find a good inside cabin photo but I'm going with "No beam"sinceI can't find any cabin photos.

cruzendude,

We have been in D735 and D736 on the Golden. I don't remember a beam in either room. I've gone thru my pics and I can't find a good inside cabin photo but I'm going with "No beam"sinceI can't find any cabin photos.

Thanks...from what I could see in the small pic it didnt look like there was a beam...did you have issues with the noise or smell from the kitchen exhausts right beside your balconies in either of those rooms?

I have been in D736 on the Grand, which is a sister ship and that cabin had the beam. Perhaps the Golden is the same. One thing I noticed on the Grand, the beam seems to run along the outermost of the aft cabins. I was also in B749, which is the centermost cabin on the aft of the Grand and that did not have the beam. The OS next door, which was the outermost cabin did have the beam.

I have been in D736 on the Grand, which is a sister ship and that cabin had the beam. Perhaps the Golden is the same. One thing I noticed on the Grand, the beam seems to run along the outermost of the aft cabins. I was also in B749, which is the centermost cabin on the aft of the Grand and that did not have the beam. The OS next door, which was the outermost cabin did have the beam.

Thanks..that is what is the most confusing, even though these are all the same class of ships they seam to have 3 or 4 different configurations of cabins on their stern...very odd...pictures of Golden Princess Stern anyone???????

Does anyone have pics of aft cabin D735 on Golden Princess? I have checked the "sticky" thread on aft cabins and it seems to have pics of every ship except Golden and a search didn't help either....The pics in the sticky of other ships didn't help either as the aft configuration on Golden is different than CB and others....what I am looking for is to see if there is in fact a beam running through my balony..the only small picture I have seen made it look as though there is not a beam but the picture was very small and fuzzy.....

check out this thread - Hope it helps, I put a ton of pics into it and I believe a lot of people have added pics. Too bad it isn't a sticky because aft questions seem to come up once every other day. enjoy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=flvol77

check out this thread - Hope it helps, I put a ton of pics into it and I believe a lot of people have added pics. Too bad it isn't a sticky because aft questions seem to come up once every other day. enjoy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=flvol77

Thanks..I did check out your awesome thread but the only Golden picture was too far away and fuzzy...does anyone know if any other ships stern is EXACTLY like Goldens so I could see a picture of it instead of Golden?

Looks like I will just have to fly up to Victoria andlook for myself! :eek: :p

I checked out the link mentioned and couldn't find a picture of the Golden without digging too much, but it was mentioned that the aft of the Grand and Golden are the same except for the Baja deck. On the Grand there are two PS suites and two OS suites, whereas the Golden has one grand suite, one OS and one PS. Comparing the deck plans confirms this.

I don't have a picture but we just got off the Crown-sister ship and had D734 which is just opposite D735 and the "beam" came out about 18" from the divider. It was not in the middle of the balcony and there was enough room at the railing to put a chair in front of the beam. The balcony is HUGE and could easily seat 8 people-which we did. We didn't notice any smell at all. We have the same cabin booked for our transatlantic in 2010.

I don't have a picture but we just got off the Crown-sister ship and had D734 which is just opposite D735 and the "beam" came out about 18" from the divider. It was not in the middle of the balcony and there was enough room at the railing to put a chair in front of the beam. The balcony is HUGE and could easily seat 8 people-which we did. We didn't notice any smell at all. We have the same cabin booked for our transatlantic in 2010.

Thanks Donna but from what I have read and the pics I've seen the Crown is different from Golden in its aft cabin configuration which is the cause for my question...It is my understanding the D735 on Golden doesn't have that same beam so I was just wanting a picture to see but it doesn't look like one is gonna show up..:( ...

COuld you hear those air vents much or did it just blend in with the white noise of the wake? Some here have posted they hated the noise but then again some hate the wake sound but we love it and the reason we book afts...I just wouldn't want an overpowering sound of forced air vents to overshadow my wake sound! :D

Archived