Best Excursion in Bermuda

pugaddict

Can anyone help me pick out a really great excursion in Bermuda? I owld love to hear your experiences and reccomendations. Thanks.

Don't take the trolley tour of Hamilton. It is almost impossible to hear the guide over the traffic sound. an enclosed vehicle would be better.

I'm looking forward to the candlelight tour given by the "town crier".

I also want to do the tour that takes you from St Georges, through Hamilton, down to the wharf where the bigger ships dock.

Scenic St George's

St George's Candlelight Walk

Horseshoe Bay Beach Getaway

St George's Sunset Sail

St George's Carriage Ride

I realize some may want to be more active than this. This is what I like. My opinion only.

Can anyone help me pick out a really great excursion in Bermuda? I owld love to hear your experiences and reccomendations. Thanks.

We just got back from there last week. My husband loved Hartley's helmet dive!

Here's another vote for Hartley's Helmet Dive. We did this in May, and it was a blast. If you Google the website, it has tons of info, pictures, etc. We try to do one "adventure" every cruise, and this one was lots of fun. And I'm 62, non-swimmer, glasses wearer, not too brave woman. So in case anyone would think it's too MUCH of an adventure, trust me..........you'll love it. Can be booked either through the ship, or independently on-line.

Here's another vote for Hartley's Helmet Dive. We did this in May, and it was a blast. If you Google the website, it has tons of info, pictures, etc. We try to do one "adventure" every cruise, and this one was lots of fun. And I'm 62, non-swimmer, glasses wearer, not too brave woman. So in case anyone would think it's too MUCH of an adventure, trust me..........you'll love it. Can be booked either through the ship, or independently on-line.

Thanks GinDon. I'm sure alot of people will benefit from this post. I wish I could still do stuff like this. It's just health issues that keep me from it.:)

Has anyone tried the Bermuda Triangle night cruise? It seems like it might be fun.

I was disappointed with this tour. While it was informative and interesting do not expect to see much more than shipwrecks and maybe a fish or turtle. I think I expected too much and that's why I was disappointed. My DH thought it was "okay".

I've been to Bermuda many times; it is my favorite cruise vacation. I must agree with the other posters about the helmet dive. It is a unique experience. Certainly, there is much you can do on your own. Buy the 3 day bus/ferry pass. You can get on any bus or ferry for the whole time you're there. The ferry is the best way to get to Hamilton or St. George. The bus is best to get to the beach. Horseshoe Bay Beach is a must! An excursion that I did last year that both DH and I thoroughly enjoyed was the segway tour. I was frightened at first, but they have you practice a great deal before starting the tour. It's worth giving it a try. There was one woman in my tour group that just couldn't get the hang of it, and I believe they refunded her. Here's a link to a picture:

http://www.mrsbojamp.smugmug.com/gallery/5582398_zFJ9J#342374955_JpKZY

I've been to Bermuda many times; it is my favorite cruise vacation. I must agree with the other posters about the helmet dive. It is a unique experience. Certainly, there is much you can do on your own. Buy the 3 day bus/ferry pass. You can get on any bus or ferry for the whole time you're there. The ferry is the best way to get to Hamilton or St. George. The bus is best to get to the beach. Horseshoe Bay Beach is a must! An excursion that I did last year that both DH and I thoroughly enjoyed was the segway tour. I was frightened at first, but they have you practice a great deal before starting the tour. It's worth giving it a try. There was one woman in my tour group that just couldn't get the hang of it, and I believe they refunded her. Here's a link to a picture:

www.mrsbojamp.smugmug.com/gallery/5582398_zFJ9J#342374955_JpKZY

I loved your photos! We leave in two weeks!! By the way, we live in East Setauket! (I saw that you are in Miller Place...:))

Totally agree about the transportation pass. It cost $12.00 for the day - you get use of the ferry and buses. We went from the Dockyard to St. Georges to Hamilton and back to the Dockyard. The service is great and the staff is very helpful.

When you dock at the Dockyard you can get this pass at the terminal. You tell them where you want to go and they will tell you what ferry/bus to take.

Great excursion!

You didn't really mention what type of excursion you were looking for, but we really enjoyed Jesse James Snorkel Trip. They picked us up by boat at the stern of the Dawn. It was wonderful! You must book them direct. The most they take out is 17 people.

Have Fun, and do let us know what you decided.

Bella

has anyone done the "tropical island & beach snorkel" or the "restless native catamaran"? I did one of these about two years ago and they took you out to this small (basically a few big rocks, about 3 trees, and some sand) island where we could snorkel, kayak, or use a noodle, then on the way back they gave us rum swizzles and juice. anyone know the name of that?

Has anyone tried the Bermuda Triangle night cruise? It seems like it might be fun.

We did it, it was very nice, nothing real exciting, more of a relaxing ride then they turn on the lights and you can see the fish from the glass bottom boat. On the way back they serve drinks, can remember what it was some fruity drink, lol

You didn't really mention what type of excursion you were looking for, but we really enjoyed Jesse James Snorkel Trip. They picked us up by boat at the stern of the Dawn. It was wonderful! You must book them direct. The most they take out is 17 people.

Have Fun, and do let us know what you decided.

Bella

I also highly recommend Jessie James (named for their mother, Jessie and father, James) Snorkel Cruise. We have used them twice and they are exceptional!!!!!

Archived