Replacing spa hot tubs

ShelleyQT

We're booked for the Valor over New Year's. I just read that when Valor was recently in dry dock, they replaced the spa hot tub with an aerobics room.

The spa hot tub has always been one of my favorite parts of the ship! It's indoors, relatively quiet, never crowded, and feels much more private than the hot tubs on the Lido. Another plus: No kids!

Is anyone else going to miss the spa hot tubs as much as I will?

We're booked for the Valor over New Year's. I just read that when Valor was recently in dry dock, they replaced the spa hot tub with an aerobics room.

The spa hot tub has always been one of my favorite parts of the ship! It's indoors, relatively quiet, never crowded, and feels much more private than the hot tubs on the Lido. Another plus: No kids!

No not at all.What a waste of space and never utilized like the aerobics room will be.There are a few out on deck so losing this was a great idea. After seeing most people on board,this is a better use rather than a space where people sit hour after hour.

I have been a long time opponent of them cannibalizing my beloved spa hot tubs. They have done this on all the Fantasy class ships and now it appears they will continue to do so on the larger classes as well. I was, and continue to be, very upset about this, as I enjoyed taking a dip after the steam and sauna. I have continued to voice my displeasure on my comment cards to no avail.

They replaced the one on the Victory and I was disappointed......when we would go to it, there would be adults only.....the hot tub on Lido deck would have too many kids in it

They replaced the one on the Victory and I was disappointed......when we would go to it, there would be adults only.....the hot tub on Lido deck would have too many kids in it

Another BIG reason why I loved them! The tubs at Serenity are nice and all, but sometimes I like to soak out of the sun, and they were perfect for that. Plus, very few people knew about them, so they were frequently uncrowded.

I will. I enjoyed the Spa hot tub on the Conquest last week. It will be replaced when the Conquest goes into drydock in January.:(

I don't think the spa hot tub should be replaced with an aerobics room just because the hot tub wasn't crowded. The gyms already have aerobics rooms that are hardly ever in use.

I don't want to take away an aerobics room for my hot tub, but since the gym already HAD an aerobics room...

I don't think the spa hot tub should be replaced with an aerobics room just because the hot tub wasn't crowded. The gyms already have aerobics rooms that are hardly ever in use.

I don't want to take away an aerobics room for my hot tub, but since the gym already HAD an aerobics room...

It comes down to revenue producing areas. The hot tubs didnt create $$.... the aerobics rooms can be used for classes or seminars, so Carnival can push their spa products.

It comes down to revenue producing areas. The hot tubs didnt create $$.... the aerobics rooms can be used for classes or seminars, so Carnival can push their spa products.

I get the capitalist nature of the ordeal, but I hate to lose nice things just because they want to make more $$. It would be like removing the Library to add another bar, photo area or club.

Does anyone know if the spa hot tub has been replaced on the Pride? My cousins, first time cruisers, are going with us in 4 weeks and I have been bragging on how nice this was. Oh well if it is gone it is gone but we like them.

I'm disappointed to hear about this. We enjoyed using the spa hot tubs on the Miracle, and then the Destiny. This year on the Liberty, it wasn't good as the tub was small, and was shooting out streams of very hot water every few seconds. So instead of fixing it on the Liberty, they now took it out.

If Carnival is doing this, thinking it'll generate more $$, well, by taking it out, it makes cruising those Carnival ships less desirable.

I'm disappointed to hear about this. We enjoyed using the spa hot tubs on the Miracle, and then the Destiny. This year on the Liberty, it wasn't good as the tub was small, and was shooting out streams of very hot water every few seconds. So instead of fixing it on the Liberty, they now took it out.

If Carnival is doing this, thinking it'll generate more $$, well, by taking it out, it makes cruising those Carnival ships less desirable.

Amen!!!! I loved that hot tub on the Legend back in 2003....never found it's equivalent on the Liberty in 2006. Now to hear that the Fantasy doesn't have it, well......I am ticked off to say the least. One more area gone that adults can expect to enjoy in peace.

Does anyone know if the spa hot tub has been replaced on the Pride? My cousins, first time cruisers, are going with us in 4 weeks and I have been bragging on how nice this was. Oh well if it is gone it is gone but we like them.

It was still there as of three weeks ago, and since the Pride is not scheduled for Dry Dock between now and then, it should still be there when you cruise.

Enjoy!

Archived