Kauai Helicopter Tours for "Fluffy" People

Taters

Well, I have been on this diet for a year now and thought I would be farther along than I am. I've lost 47 pounds and am still losing VERY SLOWLY, but it's still not enough. I have a reservation with Safari Helicopters for December 29th, but am still about twenty pounds heavier than the maximum weight allowed. Ugh.

I remember seeing a thread regarding a company that charges a bit more, but their weight limits are higher than the other companies on Kauai. With Safari, I'll have to pay double if I don't attain my December goal for my weight. I've done several searches for this thread but haven't been able to find it.

Does anyone know what company this might be? Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks a million!

Taters

Does anyone know what company this might be? Your help is very much appreciated...
Taters -- Inter-Island Helicopters does not have a weight restriction per passenger, but a weight restriction for the entire helicopter. They take only four passengers and make sure the weight is balanced. My husband (a big guy) and I took their 2-hour tour with waterfall landing last month and loved it! It was worth every penny. They use the Hughes 500 F and fly without the doors on. What a thrill! This company does the Search and Rescue on the island of Kauai and we felt very safe with them. Their website is www.interislandhelicopters.com. They have a toll-free number if you have any questions.

If you want to see some of the photos my husband took on the helicopter tour, you can view them at Kauai Helicopter pix. We've posted all of our recent Kauai photos to this site. The helicopter album is titled "Kauai-Helicopter Tour 2004."

Kathy

Kathy.........those are great pictures. I really enjoyed the slide shows of Maui and Kauai and can't wait till we get there next May.

I was privilaged to stay at the Hale Koa last year with my sister-in-law.........one great hotel. It was nice to see they have those special places for our armed service men and women.

Carol

Kathy - Sounds like the Waterfall/Helicopter tour is worth the $$. I just posted a reply to your husbands post and looked at the photos. Looks wonderful. I'd love to hear about the helicopter tour and Waterfall landing..

Cathy

Kathy...great pictures from Hawaii. They brought back some great memories since we've been to many of those places. One thing I did note is the quality of your pictures. Great camera. And the underwater shots were very clear. Also, the helicoptor tour seemed to get you to a lot more places than ours did. Great shots.

Absolutely fantastic pictures! So glad to see some from your tour with Inter-Island as we have the same tour booked the first of December!!! We have not heard a lot about this company on the boards so was hoping we had picked a good one! Be glad to hear more about your tour.

Taters -- Inter-Island Helicopters does not have a weight restriction per passenger, but a weight restriction for the entire helicopter. They take only four passengers and make sure the weight is balanced. My husband (a big guy) and I took their 2-hour tour with waterfall landing last month and loved it! It was worth every penny. They use the Hughes 500 F and fly without the doors on. What a thrill! This company does the Search and Rescue on the island of Kauai and we felt very safe with them. Their website is www.interislandhelicopters.com. They have a toll-free number if you have any questions.

If you want to see some of the photos my husband took on the helicopter tour, you can view them at Kauai Helicopter pix. We've posted all of our recent Kauai photos to this site. The helicopter album is titled "Kauai-Helicopter Tour 2004."

Kathy

Hi Kathy:

Thank you so much for the link for Inter Island Helicopters. I gave them a call and talked to them, then called Safari Helicopters, with whom we already have a reservation, and explained my situation. Safari is perfectly fine with having me fly with them at the single rate. As long as I can fit in one seat, then I'll be fine. (Which is no problem!) Safari does actually go by a weight and balance system, so with the three of us (DH, daughter and myself), we are well under the alloted weight. Whew!~ I've kept my original reservation.

Thanks so much for your help!

Taters

Archived