JAX Park 'n Cruise - Wonderful experience!

stonesmommy

My family and I just cruised on the Fascination out of Jacksonville. We chose to park at the JAX Park 'N Cruise facility rather than the port. I highly recommend this parking facility and shuttle service. We arrived in Jacksonville on 07/17 (we cruised on 07/18) and we decided to check out this facility. We were so impressed with what we saw that we returned to our hotel and I booked this online. Our shuttle was $15.00 for 2 adults and 2 children (round trip - total) and parking was free! I can't say enough about these people! They were all so friendly! We pulled into their lot on Monday and they immediately came over and got our bags and put us right on a a very nice shuttle bus. We didn't wait for anyone else - which was great because we were all so excited to get to the port. Then, when we returned, we saw their "purple t-shirts" out in front of the port and they took us right back to their lot. Again, we were the only family on the shuttle. I was impressed with their personal and friendly service and promised them that I would write this review on cruise critic. The security of their lot was also impressive. I give them two thumbs up!

We sailed on the same cruise out of JAX on the 18th. Another great parking option that we found was the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel. We stayed the night before at their sail & cruise rate. Left the car in their lot (you could see our car from the front desk). Shuttle service through VIP was on time, very friendly & easy to use. They were there when we got off the ship. Everything went very smoothly.

The hotel itself is basic accomodations. No pool. Nothing fancy for breakfast (but who wants to eat a lot any way when you have the buffet waiting for you on the Lido!). But it was clean, well kept & friendly. It cost us about $76 for the night's stay, shuttle for 2 to & from the port & to leave the car in their lot. Couldn't beat that price.

Also close to a number of restaurants. Went to Dennys the night before & service there was excellent.

Archived