North Shore Shark Adventures

Cruisechik

Anyone use this outfit? Any comments on the excursion? It looks like it will be a unique experience and I have booked it for my husband, my daughter (8), and myself. My daughter is quite fascinated by sharks, so she is thrilled to try this type of activity.

We went with Hawaii Shark Encounters in July. I had heard quite a few negative things about North Shore Shark on tripadvisor, and only good tihngs about Hawaii Shark- so that is who we choose. With Hawaii Shark, we went out about 2 miles with two guides and 16 people (I think- maybe 12). The ride out is fun, and the cage was out there waiting for us. When we got to the site my husband and I volunteered to go first, and my sister (15) was also going to join us. As soon as she saw the shark fins sticking out of the water, she chickened out. So, they put another couple in the cage with us. There were at least a does Galapagos sharks surrounding us, and we got some great pictures. They would feed a few of the sharks, so that we could get close pictures of them jumping out of the water. Very cool. The guides were very nice, even after my sister and I got sick overboard. I would highly recommend looking into them for a trip. http://www.hawaiisharkencounters.com/

I also went with Hawaii Shark Encounters last week. However, BankofDad has done both and has opinions on both. If you read his most recent review of his POAmerica cruise on the NCL board you'll get some insight from someone who has used both companies. From what I can tell, he likes North Shore better because they only put two people in the cage at once, while HSE uses a bigger cage and puts 4 in at a time.

I really enjoyed HSE because there were four of us that wanted to go in together, they had pretzels and things to quell the seasickness, they have a warm fresh-water hose to rinse off with and the guides were incredible.

Quincella and Amy G.

We're visiting Hawaii in December and are keen on booking with Hawaiian Shark Encounters. Can you tell me where you booked your tours through and how much did it cost you? I've noticed there are a couple of different sites I can book through, ie. activity warehouse etc.

Also, did you require transportation to/from Waikiki or did drive there by hire car or something?

Any info you can give would be great!

Thanks.

I booked by calling the company and making a reservation. I did not have to pay until we finished the tour. It was $100 per person, and even though we paid cash, they did have the means to let you pay by credit. We rented a car for the day (a Sunday) and it took us no time at all to get to the dock.

The warm water hose really made the trip- it was really cold on the trip back to shore, since we were wet and being wind blown.

Quincella and Amy G.

We're visiting Hawaii in December and are keen on booking with Hawaiian Shark Encounters. Can you tell me where you booked your tours through and how much did it cost you? I've noticed there are a couple of different sites I can book through, ie. activity warehouse etc.

Also, did you require transportation to/from Waikiki or did drive there by hire car or something?

Any info you can give would be great!

Thanks.

here's a link to Hawaii Shark Encounter's site:

http://www.hawaiisharkadventure.com

You can book through their website or by calling them.

We booked NorthShore shark adventures by calling them.

http://www.hawaiisharkadventures.com

Quincella, thanks for the info. After reading BankofDad's review, I think we'll go with NorthShore for the smaller cage. Our 8 year old is trying it, so I think it would be best if just the three of us were in the cage.

Archived