Hotel ? in San pedro

mation101

This is embarassing because I live less than an hour from the cruise port, but I never go down there unless I am getting on a ship. So I need some help with a question I have seen addressed on this board before.

We are taking the Mariner in Jan 2010, and even though its a quick drive for us, my DH has it in his head that he wants to spend the night at a hotel in San Pedro Sat night, so we can get up before dawn and watch the Mariner sail in.

The question is: We remember reading that someone stayed at a hotel and was able to leave there car at the hotel for the whole week at no charge. If anyone has done this please let me know which hotel it was so we can look into booking it. I told DH that if its in the same ballpark as paying for parking we can do it, but if the price of the room is way more than just parking at the pier then we wont.

Thanks for your help in advance

we have used the Doubletree in SP 4 times now. Have enjoyed it each time. Being able to leave the car there and not park it for how ever much it costs at the terminal is nice. And staying down there is a nice way to get the trip started a day early

The Vagabond Inn has a Park & Sail special of $119. If you stay on the 2nd floor facing the street you can see the upper portion of the Mariner in the far distance. To access their website type in Vagabond Inn San Pedro. The cars are parked at the rear of the hotel for the week. It's an okay hotel for the nite. Definately not the Hilton, but our rooms were clean. Free donuts and coffee in the morning with free shuttle to the pier.

It is a short cab ride back to the hotel after the cruise.

The Vagabond Inn has a Park & Sail special of $119. If you stay on the 2nd floor facing the street you can see the upper portion of the Mariner in the far distance. To access their website type in Vagabond Inn San Pedro. The cars are parked at the rear of the hotel for the week. It's an okay hotel for the nite. Definately not the Hilton, but our rooms were clean. Free donuts and coffee in the morning with free shuttle to the pier.

It is a short cab ride back to the hotel after the cruise.

For one night the Vagabond is OK. I stayed here back 2007 and the accomodations were very basic. Personally, The Doubletree is far nicer. There are several local resturants within walking distance of the Vagabond or you can take a cab down to the port for the nicer seafood places.

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned it but San Pedro is just over the St Thomas bridge from Long Beach and the Queen Mary.

I suggest staying at the Crowne Plaza. You can get a very good price on the website that you name your own price and has William Shatner (sp) as the spokes person. We stayed there for about $90 and had a top floor room. It was very nice and very close to the port. Like the Double Tree if you wake up early and have a high up room you can see the ship back into port.

I stayed here several times and love the location. From my hotel window I saw the Mariner docked.

Yes, they have a shuttle to the ship and pick you up after the cruise.

The hotel is beautiful and very clean.

If people drive, as I did, they have a Park and Cruise package available where your car is in their underground garage for up to 15 days for one price.

Crowne Plaza Hotel

LOS ANGELES HARBOR HOTEL

601 S. PALOS VERDES ST.

SAN PEDRO, CA 90731 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-310-5198200 | Hotel Fax: 1-310-5198421

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/laxpv

Walk 1 block down and you are on the piers with lots of shops and restaurants.

http://www.sanpedro.com/sp_point/portcall.htm

EDIT: I believe this is the closest hotel to the ship. ;)

Alexis,

We will be on Mariner and staying at the Crowne. On line we sea many little restaurants, taverns, etc. very close to the hotel. Mexican, Greek, breakfast/bakery, sub shop and more. Can you recommend any of these?

Thanks!

Rick and Deirdra

Alexis,

We will be on Mariner and staying at the Crowne. On line we sea many little restaurants, taverns, etc. very close to the hotel. Mexican, Greek, breakfast/bakery, sub shop and more. Can you recommend any of these?

Thanks!

Rick and Deirdra

Hi Pumbaamd,

My husband and I ate at the hotel restaurant itself or down on the docks at the restaurants there. There is all kinds of food on the pier.

I know there are many places mentioned around the hotel, but we did not go to them.

Walk 1 block down and you are on the piers with lots of shops and restaurants. ( fancy, fast food, sea food, ice cream, every kind of food :D) It is a nice place to sit and eat and just walk around.

The ship is docked just down from it.

Here is the pier link. ;)

http://www.sanpedro.com/sp_point/portcall.htm

This authentic New England-style seaside village encompasses 15 acres of shops, restaurants and attractions. A meandering promenade of cobblestone streets connects the specialty shops. The shops feature items and gifts from around the world. Enjoy a relaxing lunch or dinner at one of the many restaurants overlooking the harbor. Don't hesitate to wave to passengers on the cruise liners, passing so close that they dwarf the village. Ports O' Call Village has been renamed Ports O' Call Marketplace.

The hotel bellman are very helpful there and can give you directions to go anywhere. When I was leaving for home, they gave me a map to find a gas station on another route and it was amazing how easy a time I had finding it. ;)

This is embarassing because I live less than an hour from the cruise port, but I never go down there unless I am getting on a ship. So I need some help with a question I have seen addressed on this board before.

We are taking the Mariner in Jan 2010, and even though its a quick drive for us, my DH has it in his head that he wants to spend the night at a hotel in San Pedro Sat night, so we can get up before dawn and watch the Mariner sail in.

The question is: We remember reading that someone stayed at a hotel and was able to leave there car at the hotel for the whole week at no charge. If anyone has done this please let me know which hotel it was so we can look into booking it. I told DH that if its in the same ballpark as paying for parking we can do it, but if the price of the room is way more than just parking at the pier then we wont.

Thanks for your help in advance

Fellow Northridgian here (is there such a thing?:D). We always just drive down, but with us, my hubby is packing up the car around 9am and waiting to hit the 118 before long. The last time we used a car service (coolrides.com) as we knew 15-days worth of stuff was not going to fit in either of our sedan's trunks.

I don't think my hubby would be able to get me up by dawn even to see our ship arrive.

Archived