Help - Sleep Inn or Extended Stay in FLL

mlymd

We are booked on a cruise leaving 2/2/08 and have finally narrowed a hotel down to 2 choices. The Sleep Inn in Dania or Extended Stay on 17th st.

We will be arriving at the airport at 10AM on 2/1/08 and would like to stay

someplace where there is something for us to do until check-in time. We also need a place to purchase wine for our cruise.

The prices are outrageous for this time of year. We are lucky to find anything under $200.00 a night.

Please help -- which hotel would you suggest?

Marcy

I booked extended stay for my cruise in Jan. I asked a similar question, is there anything around? The answer was an overwhelming YES! Resaraunts, stores, a 50 cent shuttle to the beach... Seems to be plenty of entertainment. It is right in the middle of everything so im sure there is a liquour store, but I could be wrong.

We stayed at Extended Stay last November. Perfectly adequate for a one-night stay. There's a nice little "cafe" across the street - Italian - with very good food. Around the corner there's a large liquor store, next to Publix - we found very knowledgeable staff person there. Can't remember the name, but it's in another post I made on this topic.... Very short ride to port, although if there's a line of traffic it can take a while [that was our experience].

Stayed at Sleep Inn Daina in March. Nice hotel. No liquor store close. Cost us $8.00 cab ride. Free Shuttle from airport and to cruise port. If they would put a liquor store closer - this would be perfect. Real close to the port.

There is a small plaza across the street with a publix for wine and beer, but not hard liquor. There is a Mexian and Itilian Rest., dollar store, and nail place.

There is a Walgreens Drug store in front of the hotel for other items.

If the cost is the same - I would stay at extended stay.

We will be arriving at the airport at 10AM on 2/1/08 and would like to stay someplace where there is something for us to do until check-in time.

They're both decent economical hotels, the ESA offers more to do if you want to kill time. The Sleep Inn is great do to it's proximity

to Hollywood Beach. Both have places nearby to buy wine.

Beguia,

We are staying at Sleep Inn in January and I know there is a grocery store close for purchasing wine, etc. Can you tell me where a liquor store might be that is close by the Sleep Inn.

Thank you

Debr

Archived