Sunshine spa room worth it?

ARI421

Can't speak about the spa itself, but I spent a lot of time up at Sunshine's awesome Serenity area which is right where the spa cabins are so it is convenient for that. I believe the spa cabins were recently remolded as well, and they have a very fresh look to them.

We just came back fro Sunshine cruise and had a spa balcony cabin with thermal suite access included.

We always try to purchase a thermal suite pass and usually enjoy the amenities very much. Not his time.

First and it was a biggy for us.. There is no thalasssotherapy pool in the thermal suite on the Sunshine.

The thermal suite is quite small. It has three sauna type of amenities, one is hot, the second one is cold with heated benches, and the third one is I believe is aromatherapy (I can never remember the names of these places).

There is also a dry sauna in the men and women locker rooms. In other to access this sauna you have to go out the thermal suite so don't forget your access card to get back :) Oh, ladies .. if you take a shower in the locker room after a gym or spa there are no hair dryers available.

Out of 7 days using the spa we had to ask 4 times at the front desk to turn the heat on. Every time we were told that "they operate in cycles and I will reset it for you ". Thank you but it got old pretty fast.

There are also 2 showers with multiple functions which were nice and refreshing but not all features were working.

IMO the best amenity in the Sunshine thermal suite are the heated lounges. There are 10 of them I believe. Very relaxing, some people got a good nice nap on them. We were able to find a lounge available almost every day, except the last cruise day.

At the end we enjoyed an hour each day in the thermal suite but we wouldn't buy the pass on Sunshine. It was not worth it for us especially without a pool or Jacuzzi.