October weather help!

Nelie

Hi all

I am hoping you can help me out with the type of weather to be experienced in mid October for Hawaii. I have Google and looked at the average temp in my lonely planet book but not much help. I’m more worried about what to pack. We get to many tourists over in here oz who are shocked because its cold and all they have packed are shorts and t shirts. You feel like screaming “hello, there’s this thing called winter” :rolleyes:

So I don’t want to end up like these silly tourists but I also don’t want to pack to many just in case clothes, im a bad over packer as it is. So if anyone could give me any ideas about what to wear:confused:and stuff like that

At night does it stay warm or does it cool down a lot?.

Even if it rains is it still quite warm and you dont mind getting wet?

Ill also be taking POA cruise so I’d like to know about nights at sea, cold/windy, things like.

Posting pictures or a link would be great as we call a lot of clothes different things.

I would really appreciate any help you all could give me

Thanks

Nelie

October is usually still pretty warm...but sometimes we start getting rain and some colder winds. You'll definitely be in shorts/etc most of the time. Our temps don't fluctuate that much from day to night, only around 15 degrees or so. If the wind comes up, it can feel colder. The worst thing for many guests are things like restaurants-BRRRR due to AC. A light sweater or jacket is a good idea at night, even if you never need it.

If you are planning on going up to Haleakala or any of the summits on the Big Island, you will want jeans and warm, warm clothes if you are doing sunrise. The winds are very cold-and very strong, normally-and the summit temp at Haleakala is around 38-40F at sunrise then.

We toured Haleakala during the day and it was very sunny but very chilly. Dress in layers and you will be prepared. We just had sweatshirts and could have used another layer :D

We did Hawaii in Oct. and we wore shorts,capris & light tops. Our weather was great. We didn't do the sunrise tour but those that did layered their clothing. In the dining rooms they allowed shorts and casual clothes.They stated this goes only for Hawaii cruises. We were on the Serenade. Hawaii is really paradise. Enjoy your cruise.

Carol

thanks all i did feel like a bit of an idiot asking "does it get cold in hawaii" but i realised i'd rather be a happy comfortable idiot than a cold one lol

thanks all

Archived