What's the weather like in October?

woodley

I live in Florida and am used to hot humid weather. What is the weather in Hawaii like in october, is it humid and does it get cold in the evening. I am just trying to work out what type of clothes I should bring on vacation.

It's great in October, I like it better than july/aug/sept because it's not so broiling hot.

For clothing, it's nice to see people in hawaiian shirts and dresses, makes it feel more like a hawaiian cruise. You can pick something up cheaply at one of the ports. A hat for sun protection is good, but otherwise relax.

Here is an example of local clothing style, notice the friendly hand gesture, distinctive grooming and matching attire.

570788322_m.gif

Kanoa looking very relaxed in his aloha attire! :)

woodley - the humidity in Hawaii in general is NOTHING like Florida in the summer. I visited Orlando in the summer once and nearly died from heat stroke. ;)

Spleen

I live in Florida and am used to hot humid weather. What is the weather in Hawaii like in october, is it humid and does it get cold in the evening. I am just trying to work out what type of clothes I should bring on vacation.

There's more variation day to night than season to season in our temps here, and generally speaking, it is nowhere near as hot and humid as Florida. You'll likely need a light jacket or sweater in the evenings, especially on board ship as it will be cooler on deck and usually they have the AC so low it is uncomfortable in some of the show rooms without something around your arms and shoulders.

Other than that, your regular Florida clothes should be just fine.

In re: rainfall - we get more rain in the winter months, as a rule, but with some noteable recent exceptions, we don't usually have days and days of rain - more like intermittent showers, maybe a full day here and there if a system gets "stuck" over the islands. However, last year we had something like 45 straight days with rainfall, lots of it heavy. Of course, that also varies with which side of what island you are on, too. Hilo gets much more rain that Kona, Kona gets more rain than the Kohala Coast. Windward Oahu gets more rain than Waikiki, and Kauai gets more rain than anybody...

Archived