Weather from LA to Hawaii Oct

Latimer

we are thinking of cruising from Los Angelese to Hawaii and then back to LA towards the end of October this year and wondered what the weather would be like during the fours day from LA to Hawaii and also on the four days back.

We cruised from Ensenda, Mexico (just south of California) on May 3, 2008 to Hawaii, and it was only a little bumpy the first day out, but chilly the first 3 days. By day 4, it was warming up, and day 5 was very nice. It was a one way to Hawaii.

We also cruised to Hawaii from San Diego Jan 4, 2009. The first 2 days were chilly, but by day 3 and 4, it was sunshine, and warm weather and we sunned by the pool. The ride was very smooth.

I am sure others will also give the same comments. It can be smooth or rough, depending on what type of weather is moving through. This year in Jan., 3 days after we left San Diego, another ship left also for Hawaii, and they had a very rough ride, with dishes all falling and pools emptied of water. So, it all depends.

We are cruising for the 3rd time to Hawaii this October. This is our favorite time to go. On our first cruise the first 1 1/2 days were a little rough. The second trip was picture perfect the whole trip. Hope #3 is the same. You just never know. It is a wonderful cruise.

We are cruising for the 3rd time to Hawaii this October. This is our favorite time to go. On our first cruise the first 1 1/2 days were a little rough. The second trip was picture perfect the whole trip. Hope #3 is the same. You just never know. It is a wonderful cruise.

my hubby is asking what the temperatures were like,,, was it hot enough to sit out and sunbathe or at least sit outside,,,,

generally is "bumpy"..as the other posters said, by the end of the third and the fourth it gets better. Cruising over from California is a personal choice--it would not be mine. We do not like that many sea days, we do not like the seas to be rough and we like to be where it is warm. If you do not mind the sea days..go for it. Do not count on sitting out. Here in Southern California the weather is usually fine, until you get out to sea. This is my opinion only from past experience. There are many posters who love sea days and wouldn't mind it if you could not "sit out". We all would love to hear about your experience when you get back. Have a wonderful cruise whatever your decision is.

After about the 2nd day we were always on the balcony. This was and will be an aft balcony. Those get no wind at all. Going over. Morning sun bathing. Even the 2nd morning. On the way back. Afternoon sun. We ate every night on the balcony and played poker. It was just awesome. Did this in Oct. 2007 and doing again Oct. 11 this year.

Aloha

We are sailing 10/25 - you??

if we book it will be same as you.... still trying to convince my hubby - I think he is concerned about the four days at sea if the weather is not good enough to sit out.....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived