Zenith - Stuff you wish you had known.

catmommy

Hi Folks!

My DH and I are on the Zenith on 5/28 for Bermuda. I know that Zenith and her sister Horizon, are the "small ships" of the X fleet and don't have some of the amenites that the larger ships have.

For those of you that have sailed on her what stuff do you know now that you wished you had known the first time you sailed her?

What secret nooks and crannies? What cool services or amenites? Food drink, etc.?

My dh and I have been on the NCL Crown which is also small; but hearing about the larger ships and what they have is starting to make me feel left out. :mad:

What do you love about Zenith?

Thanks!

Caroline

We were on the the Zenith in December 2003 for a 2 week Caribbean cruise which was also our first on Celebrity. We found the ship to be in good shape and the crew was friendly and seemed happy. We enjoyed the Martini bar especially the two nights, one each week, when they did the Martini sampler. The ship was easy to find your way around and had a nice open promenade to take a walk on. This was our first experience with Celebrity and we were really looking forward to trying the food as we had read so much about it on the boards and in reviews. The food was good but we didn't really feel it was that much better than the food we had on HAL or Princess. They provided sushi nightly up in one of the sections of the buffet area> My wife doesn't like sushi but I do so I was a pretty frequent visitor. I have read other comments that it wasn't really good sushi but it tasted good to me. There was a speciality coffee bar, the Cova Cafe, that served expresso and other coffees and snacks at extra cost. It was a really nice place to sit and relax and was rarely crowded. All in all it was a good cruise on a good ship.

We are booked on another Celebrity cruise in Sept on the Summit and we are looking forward to seeing what one of the newer and bigger Celebrity ships are like.

Have a great next cruise.

The only amenity that we've found lacking on Zenith is no balcony staterooms. We've done two trips on her and found the service and the food second to none in the Fleet. The crew seems to take particular pride in the ship and it shows. You'll find that comment elsewhere on this board again and again and it's true.

My favorite places on the ship are the Fleet Bar ( Deck 11 forward) which has an unbelieveable view and is a great place to relax and have a drink before dinner. I also find the Library a very comfortable and quiet place to take my book and my mp3 player and just read and vegitate.....

If you have an aft cabin on the higher decks ( 9 and 10 in particular) there are nice chair areas that are quieter than those around the pool on Deck 11. Finally, the Hot Tubs on Deck 12 are a great place to meet and greet...

Hope that's helpful. As you can tell, we like Zenith very much and will miss her when she goes to South Florida.

Enjoy your trip. :)

We loved the Horizon and the Zenith. Both have great service and food.

The aft elevators on the Zenith were REAL slow, so we used the stairs most of the time. Great way to burn off the calories!

You'll have a GREAT cruise on either ship.

The true secret...the X staff love to work these ships and as a result she attracts some of the best staff...enjoy a great cruise on a true NON-megaship!! I wouldn't trade my cruises on H class ships for any other.

Oh ya...the Fleet Bar (America's Cup on Horizon) is a cozy, warm, inviting room...the only room I have seen close is the Crow's Nest on HAL...X's other forward bars don't come close...Century's is awful.

Weirdly enough, it's a good thing to know that, at the very rear of the Zenith, behind the buffet lines on deck 11, they make very good hamburgers and french fries. It's a good change from fancy food. They'll toast your bun if you ask.

Archived